Error on Security Certificates page

I get the following error when I view the security certificates page of my wildfire server:

Tips?

java.security.InvalidKeyException: Supplied key (null) is not a RSAPrivateKey instance

at org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.JDKDigestSignature.engineInitSign(Unknown Source)

at java.security.Signature.initSign(Unknown Source)

at org.bouncycastle.jce.PKCS10CertificationRequest.(Unknown Source)

at org.bouncycastle.jce.PKCS10CertificationRequest.(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.util.CertificateManager.createSigningRequest(CertificateManage r.java:330)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.admin.ssl_002dcertificates_jsp._jspService(ssl_002dce rtificates_jsp.java:356)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1074)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:146)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:751)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)

at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:217)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)

Hey DreadWingKnight,

A similar thread was created here but the issue is still open. I believe that the problem is that private keys are not being imported with the new certificate and/or that the chain is not correctly built.

In any case, could you describe what you were doing? How you created the certificates and how are you trying to import it. As I mentioned in the other thread you can use the new page import-certificate.jsp in Wildfire 3.2.2 to import private keys and signed certificates into Wildfire. Using keytool it is not possible to accomplish that.

Regards,

ā€“ Gato

Iā€™'m trying to run from my previous certificates that were working (before 3.2 was the last time I knew for sure they were working right)

I had RSA and DSA keys in the keystore at the time.

After deleting my old DSA and RSA keys and generating new ones with openssl, then importing them into wildfire with the web interface, I am now able to access the security certificates page.

I believe the DSA keys and certs are what caused the problem.