Error since updating to 1.10

Please do send the logs. I’m wondering if some of these issues aren’t related to the weird issue we had seen where openfire would remove the old plugin and try to install the new plugin before the old plugin had officially cleaned itself up. If that’s the case, generally removing the plugin, waiting for the entire directory to be removed, and then reinstalling the plugin usually fixes it.

Hrm. Looking over the log I see that you received a “this person is online” notification before we were “ready”. That might explain a few things. =/ Bah. GATE-308 thanks!

I see I was beat to the punch with the logs.

There’s nothing wrong with both of you sending logs. ;D It’s always handy to compare.

jadestorm wrote:

… If that’s the case, generally removing the plugin, waiting for the entire directory to be removed, and then reinstalling the plugin usually fixes it.

I’ve been waiting for the directory to be removed for over 5 hours, so I’m guessing I’m going to need to restart openfire itself?

Ug, that’s not a good sign. Sounds like something was left open. openfire went to remove the directory (or maybe even still is) and a file was still “locked” and it’s unable to remove. The removal process doesn’t dump any useful information to any of the logs so we can’t get a solid “what’s this failing on”. If it’s not going to impact your users too badly, please do try restarting the server. (even better, shut it down, remove the directory yourself, and then start up) =/

Hey baerj. I was looking back over those logs you sent me, and the contact in question was … you. Do you have yourself on your own roster?

Yes. I don’t know anyone that uses MSN, haha. I tend to use AIM.

After stopping openfire and deleting the gateway folder and reinstalling the gateway pluggin, I’m still not seeing any AIM contacts or myself in MSN. (Which did work before)

For a reference point, would you mind adding my MSN account? jadestorm@nc.rr.com (I won’t really be online for another hour or so)

Well I added your ID as well we will see if the error occurs. I will need you to be online of course.

My spark was running fine until I upgraded from 2.5.3 to 2.5.5 today. Now AIM buddies are again gone. The Yahoo friends disappeared as soon as I added a new AOL buddy. Yes that is right Yahoo vanished with addition od AOL buddy. I am sending you my log.

Reverting to version 2.5.3 did not fix the issue. I had to log in via the real client and remove the newly added buddy. Then I logged into spark and all my Buddies and Friends groups were back, with the users. I then exited spark and added the new buddy in AIM client. Logged back into spark and everything was ok and the new buddy was there. The issue seems to be with the addition of new gateway buddies/friends/whatever. I did sent the logs earlier.

Hi mts, I did get your logs and am looking them over but I don’t see anything wrong. That said, would you do me a favor? Look in your “offline group” and see if you see your missing contacts there (and showing as online). wroot posted a problem that he was seeing in Spark where Spark seemed to be putting some offline contacts in online groups, and online contacts in offline groups. In the logs you sent me I’m seeing the transport “doing all the proper things”. =/

I added both of your accounts yesterday and did not see them show up at all. I’ll keep an eye out today in the offline contacts.

No they are not in the offline group when online. I have had people sign out, and they appear in the offline group fine. When they go back online they just vanish into the void. I noticed that the group they should belong to when online does not show up at all even when show empty groups is checked. The issuse seems to be tied to the addition of new gateway contacts. When ever I do this the gateway groups and their online users vanish like a fart in the wind. This happens in spark 2.5.3 and 2.5.5.

I never saw him online yesterday either.

Can you reproduce this behavior with any other client than Spark? (adding a contact and then all of them vanish)

Hrm. Visa versa, I did see you log in. Can you give me some new debugging logs now that I’d be able to see myself in them? =)

This is a corporate environment. I am not authorized to install any other jabber client. Spark is installed company wide which is why I am trying to resolve the probem with spark.

I will send you more logs. I have been in meetings all morning, so I have not seen you online. I see your msn account as offline. I am EST here and will be available until noon, and then from 1 to 5pm. You could send me an IM to my MSN account when you are online. I use my email address as my msn account.