Error Warnings

Hy @ all,

I have got a small problem.

When I connect some computers (2) with each other and afterwards look into the error-log it says estimated six times:

"2006.03.27 16:01:19 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:161)

] Verbindung beendet bevor Sitzung hergestellt wurde"

And in the Warning log it says four times:

“2006.03.27 16:01:19 Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: 192.168.2.2. Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@1e82b72 socket: Socket[addr=/192.168.2.2,port=1448,localport=5269] session: null”

What does that mean or what did i do wrong? I did the connection not only once, maybe that’'s why those errors occurde more than once…

I would look forward for help

The GERMAN Jan

P.S.: At the bottom of the server-page, is it usual that the java-memory is about 20 % used? when i am alone in the network? what when others join my server and real chatting begins?

Hallo Jan,

are you using server 2 server connections? Port 5269 is only used for s2s. Who is connecting to port 5269?

Did you set up a DNS name for your server and your conferencing service (like jabber.org and conference.jabber.org)? If you didn’'t I can image of a lot of things which are going wrong and the best thing to fix them is to set up the missing DNS names.

LG

Usually nobody should connect to this port…

I had two clints, one on the computer which server was on too (192.168.2.2) and one downstairs in our bureau (192.168.2.3). I think i didn’‘t setup a dns?? did I? I surely didn’'t tell a second server to connect to it.

LG

Jan

P.S. the domain and server name is “janpc”, that’'s the name of my computer

Message was edited by: Stony

Hi Jan,

to avoid setting up DNS records you may edit your hosts files (/etc/hosts for unix, %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts for windows) and add two lines:[code]

192.168.2.2 janpc

192.168.2.2 conference.janpc[/code] on all (both) computers as a quick workaround.

Then use the web admin console to set xmpp.domain to janpc and restart your server.

LG

Thanks it, but I would like to avoid changing the system config

I can setup a DNS… what does it use? what is it? what do i have to write down and where???

LLLLG

Jan

P.S. Warum sprechen wir nicht deutsch? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ich habs jetzt geändert… Und jetzt ??

Hi Jan,

if you can set up a DNS server and records then just do it, if you don’‘t know what it is you want to edit your host files. In this forum you will not get help on setting up a DNS server, see url=http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_Systemhttp://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domain_Name_System[/url] for an overview. If you have a permanent internet connection you may use a free DNS service to set up these entries, locate one using Google and consult it’'s help.

As we both speak English, where would be the advantage of speaking German for other users which read this thread and may help you?

LG

Ich bekomm immer noch die Warnung

2006.03.27 18:25:04 Closing session due to incorrect hostname in stream header. Host: 192.168.2.20. Connection: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@11c19e6 socket: Socket[addr=/192.168.2.20,port=2745,localport=5269] session: null

und den Fehler

2006.03.27 18:25:04 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:161)

] Verbindung beendet bevor Sitzung hergestellt wurde

Socket[addr=/192.168.2.20,port=2745,localport=5269]

2006.03.27 18:25:34 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:161)

] Verbindung beendet bevor Sitzung hergestellt wurde

Socket[addr=/192.168.2.20,port=2746,localport=5269]

Oder muss ich den Pc erst neustarten?

MfG:

Jan

Hi,

you should stop and terminate Wildfire completely and then start it again.

Terminate and relaunch Spark to use the server “janpc” and not the IP address to connect.

LG

Cool, works very good now, and i didn’‘t get an error jet… can I also use my Ip instead of janpc? because it’'s only for my pc, others in the network hav to use my ip to, or?

My icq # is: 340-876-660

MfG:

Jan

Hi Jan,

it may work but as far as I know Wifi will return its xmpp.domain as the server you are connecting to, so Spark may have some difficulties.

You would be running an unsupported configuration, so you may encounter problems with the search or conference service.

LG

What do i have to change exactly to make everything alright?

Lg

Jan

Hi Jan,

set up the two dns records. If you find a free provider which offers whatever.free-dns-provider.tld and *.whatever.free-dns-provider.tld you may use it and set your xmpp domain to whatever.free-dns-provider.tld

LG

could you please contact me via icq?

340-876-660

Lg

Jan

Hi Jan,

I don’'t have ICQ but we could meet in the url=groupchat/guest-login.jsp?room=dev@conference.jivesoftware.com&allowAnonymou s=trueOpen Chat[/url]

LG