Error when try to edit Groups

When I try to edit a group I receave the following error:

(Openfire 3.9.2 Alpha - build 1168) Ubuntu X64 12.04

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /group-edit.jsp. Reason:

Group with name Lojas+JPLR+%28Continente%29 not found.

Caused by:

org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupNotFoundException: Group with name Lojas+JPLR+%28Continente%29 not found.

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.DefaultGroupProvider.getGroup(DefaultGroupProvi der.java:116)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupManager.getGroup(GroupManager.java:330)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupManager.getGroup(GroupManager.java:309)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.group_002dedit_jsp._jspService(group_002dedit_j sp.java:141)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:547)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1359)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1330)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1330)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:478)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:22 7)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:94 1)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:409)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:186 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:875 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler Collection.java:250)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav a:149)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:349)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:441)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConne ction.java:919)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:582)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:51 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.jav a:586)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java :44)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

I think this error happens because the special character in the name of group.

Can someone verify this thing?

Thanks

No one knows how can resolv this issue?

Well, maybe you can edit it directly in the database (stopping Openfire before it).

Ok… I understand your solution but why this began after the upgrade to 3.9.2 ?

This build is rather old. It would be hard to dig out what exactly changes have been done, which could affect this.

I upgrade a moments ago to 3.9.2 final release and the problem continues.

Verify the attached files.

You should have posted that first screenshot in the first place! I thought there would be some special symbol, but it was just a space. Now i’m able to reproduce this. 3.9.1 works fine. So you can either go back to 3.9.1 for a while or replace the URL in the addressbar when needed (change https://server:9091/group-edit.jsp?group=Lojas%2BJPLR

to https://server:9091/group-edit.jsp?group=Lojas%20JPLR

and this will work. And you can also do not use spaces in the names for now (or at all, a good practice after all) Filed as OF-782. Hopefully it will be fixed for the next release.

Thanks… it works.

OF-782 is already fixed and will be in 3.9.3 release, which will probably be this weekend.

A post was split to a new topic: HTTP Error 500 when trying to edit groups