Errors starting admin console

After starting jive messenger, I cannot connect through to the admin console. The default port 9090 is in use (by WebSphere), so prior to starting, I modified jive-messenger.xml to specify port 9990. The error messages below indicate that jm is still attempting to open port 9090.

It looks like the conf xml file is the only place to specify the port change. How can I specify a different port?

error.log

05.02.03 16:21:26 org.jivesoftware.messenger.container.AdminConsolePlugin.initialize(AdminConsoleP lugin.java:88) Trouble initializing admin console

admin-console.log

16:21:26.944 WARN!! [pool-1-thread-1] org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.start(ThreadedServer.java:510) >17> Failed to start: SocketListener0@0.0.0.0:9090

Bob,

Looks like this is a bug. The app was trying to read the alternative port from the database instead of the config file.

This will be fixed for the 2.1.2 release. Until then you could make an entry into the jiveProperty table with the property named “adminConsole.port”.

Regards,

Matt

matt,

where can i find the jiveProperty table.

albert

albert,

The jiveProperty table is in the database. Are you using an external database or the ebmedded one? If the ebmedded one, this is going to be hard for you to edit. If you’'re using an external database, just use your favorite SQL tool.

Regards,

Matt

I just installed 2.1.3 - this problem has been fixed. Thanks.