Exception error when viewing sessions in Openfire administrator

This error is coming up when I view sessions in admin on the most recent release of Openfire and has been for previous releases. Sometimes I can view the sessions but usually get this error. Only way to get rid of the error is by restarting Openfire. Any chance it will be fixed soon. Thanks! Daniel.

Exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Show.online

at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Unknown Source)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Show.valueOf(Presence.java:377)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence.getShow(Presence.java:136)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.session_002dsummary_jsp._jspService(session_002 dsummary_jsp.java:376)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1074)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:146)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:751)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)

Hi Daniel

Are you able to connect server when this happens. Check your log files for errors and post them if any.

Timur

The jabber service and all the other admin page still keeps working without a problem.

I will check the logs and get back to you. Thanks.

I’'ve been seeing the same problem the past few days:

HTTP ERROR: 500

No enum const class org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Show.available

RequestURI=/user-summary.jsp

Caused by:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum const class org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Show.available

at java.lang.Enum.valueOf(Enum.java:192)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence$Show.valueOf(Presence.java:377)

at org.xmpp.packet.Presence.getShow(Presence.java:136)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.user_002dsummary_jsp._jspService(user_002dsumma ry_jsp.java:244)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1074)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

etc.

I see this error in warn.log, but nothing else interesting.

At about the this happens, the CPU usage of the java process goes through the roof.

This is with Openfire 3.3.2 running on Fedora.

I’‘ve found and fixed the problem. I’‘m using a custom client, and it was sending presence messages with show=“available”. However, “available” isn’'t one of the supported values for show – it should have been “chat”. Fixing this eliminated the console crashes.