Exception reloading roster

Hi,

After upgrading Smack library (to 4 version) we faced with following problem:

Aug 10, 2016 6:06:53 PM org.jivesoftware.smack.roster.Roster$3 processException

SEVERE: Exception reloading roster

• org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException: No response received within reply timeout. Timeout was 5000ms (~5s). Used filter: IQReplyFilter: iqAndIdFilter (AndFilter: (OrFilter: (IQTypeFilter: type=error, IQTypeFilter: type=result), StanzaIdFilter: id=lYrLI-112050)), : fromFilter (OrFilter: (FromMatchesFilter (full): null, FromMatchesFilter (bare): admyqxxj4wbbcdcb7ik7ahl@…, FromMatchesFilter (full): …)).
    at org.jivesoftware.smack.SmackException$NoResponseException.newWith(SmackExceptio n.java:106)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.AbstractXMPPConnection$6.run(AbstractXMPPConnection.java :1447)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:292)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

And I believe it causes connection failed to openfire. It happened for some connections to openfire, other started succesfully.

Also after upgrading smack constantly writes to the log:

Aug 10, 2016 6:06:35 PM org.jivesoftware.smack.roster.Roster$PresencePacketListener processPacket

WARNING: Roster not loaded while processing presence stanza

Any ideas about causes of these problems?

Thanks.

And I believe it causes connection failed to openfire
No, that can’t be the cause. If you look at the code you will find that it’s just affects Roster reloading and nothing else.

Aug 10, 2016 6:06:35 PM org.jivesoftware.smack.roster.Roster$PresencePacketListener processPacket

WARNING: Roster not loaded while processing presence stanza

Could be issue which Smack’s presence handling. What exact version of Smack are you using?

Could be issue which Smack’s presence handling. What exact version of Smack are you using?

No, that can’t be the cause. If you look at the code you will find that it’s just affects Roster reloading and nothing else.
As I can realize there is problem with the roster. It was mentioned in both errors. What can be the cause?

As I can realize there is problem with the roster.
Care to describe the problem?