Exodus vCard trouble

Hi,

I tested the Jive Messenger with the Exodus client and my own one and have run into trouble. It seems that the server wraps arround the vCard XML-Document. Hence after i set the vCard values Exodus does not show the vCard entries. With my own client based on smack the packetprovider for the vCard does not retrieve the wrapped packed.

Is the wrapper intended ? And how can i add a Packeprovider for this kind of message ?

THX in advance

example:

SENT:

RECV:

test

test

test

test

test

Joachim,

The latest Messenger version has a fix for the problem that you are describing. A binary release will be available next week. By now you can download the source code and try to build your own binary version.

Regards,

– Gato

Hi,

the problem with the wrapping the vCard still exists in the Messenger 2.0b.

Additionaly, the MUC Room has no description explaining the fields like the old MUC Room and Exodus can’'t configure MUC rooms because the “Admin” menu is grayed.

THX in advance

Joachim

Joachim,

Sorry for the confusion. I thought that you were having problems editing your registration instead of editing your vcard. Today I checked in a fix for the problem that you were having with vCards. I tested the code using Exodus and it worked fine.

I’'m not sure I udnerstand your problem with MUC but it seems that you are having problems accessing the resource bundles. You need to have src/i18n in your classpath so that the labels in the configuration form can appear.

Regards,

– Gato

I have the same problem with Psi. It is incredibly annoying (Psi’‘s behaviour, that is,) as Psi keeps asking for your VCard everytime you log in. Psi can’‘t publish the information, so you just can’'t bend that one.

I’'m running 2.0b as well with Psi 0.9.3.

Hi,

1. VCard

I checked the build messenger-11-3 and the wrapping arround the vCard is gone, but the vCard packet is also gone. The server sends back only an empty result.

1. MUC

It is not possible to configure a MUC with Exodus.

1. MUC Lables

I can configure a MUC room with my own client, but the description for the fields are empty. They haven’'t been empty with Messenger 1.1.

E.g. the field for the number of room members has no description. With other MUC-Rooms it has.

Hi,

1. VCard

I checked the build messenger-11-3 and the

wrapping arround the vCard is gone, but

the vCard packet is also gone. The server sends back

only an empty result.

<iq from=“jogi23@snoopy/Exodus”

to=“jogi23@snoopy/Exodus” id=“jcl_72”

type=“result”>

Could you send me the complete sequence of packets? I’'m able to retrieve and update my vCard using Exodus.

1. MUC

It is not possible to configure a MUC with Exodus.

What problems are you having with Exodus? The list of packets will also help me understand what’‘s going on. BTW, I’'m also using Exodus to create, configure and destroy MUC rooms with no problem.

1. MUC Lables

I can configure a MUC room with my own client, but

the description for the fields are empty. They

haven’'t been empty with Messenger 1.1.

E.g. the field for the number of room members has no

description.

Do you have the i18n folder in your classpath? I still suspect that you have a setup problem that prevents messenger from finding the resouce bundles.

With other MUC-Rooms it has.

What do you mean by that?

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Gato,

I try to be more specific this time. And concentrate on the vCard problem.

1. vCard problem

Used Client: Exodus 0.9.0.0

Used Messenger 2004-11-3 start bin\startup.bat

I start with a new user “bertvcard” that has no vCard.

Send: (after klicking “edit my VCard”)

Recv:

This is ok because the vCard is still empty.

I enter the nickname “bert” and the Address 1 “fantasy”

into the Profile Dlg box.

SENT:

bert

Seems ok to me.

RECV:

!!! Here i expect the vCard data i entered before !!!

( Messenger 1.1 did so but with arround the vCard.)

I edit my vCard again

SENT:

RECV:

RECV:

At least now the VCARD should carry the nickname and address 1.

Sorry for the long post!

Joachim