External component "Connection closed before session established" error

I had an aim transport running fine for several months, but after upgrading the jvm to 1.5.0_08 the aim transport stopped connecting to the server. the msn transport still connects just fine.

I’'m using PyAIMt (and PyMSNt) and here are the corrosponding error logs from wildfire

2006.09.18 10:30:38 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java:1 04) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/10.0.2.5,port=35531,localport=10015]

2006.09.18 10:30:40 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java:1 04) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/10.0.2.5,port=35532,localport=10015]

2006.09.18 10:30:43 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java:1 04) Connection closed before session established

Socket[addr=/10.0.2.5,port=35533,localport=10015]

Where could I start looking to fix this problem?

Hi,

I wonder if upgrading the Java SDK or JRE has anything to do directly with the ability to connect PyAIMt. And also I wonder if this problem is similar to what’‘s been discussed here. Perhaps you’'ll see more clue if you enable the debug log in Wildfire Admin Console.

I wonder if the jvm has anything to do with it too. It just happens to be when it broke.

I read through that thread and it appears the problem there was DNS.

When I enabled the debug output, I was getting the “component already connected” error so I restarted the server. That appears to have fixed the problem I was having with wildfire connecting to pyaimt. There must have been something in the air when I restarted wildfire to cause the connection to still be alive.

Thanks for your help.

I don’‘t think it’‘s DNS problem, cause if it were, you wouldn’'t have been getting “Connection close before session established”.

I think in your case, when you restarted Wildfire, your already running PyAIMt tried to re-connect and you didn’'t realize that. When you manually start PyAIMt right after an instance of it was already connected, you get “component already connected”.