Failed 3.6.4 to 3.7 upgrade

Installed the new version today on Mac OS and it completely killed my existing install. Openfire admin console no longer works and no clients can connect

Anyone?

Thanks,

Brant

I tried installing it in another user account but same thing. Can’t re-install 3.6.4 because of the “newer version” message. Please let me know if you have any ideas my users are starting to foam at the mouth Also, I cannot lose the archive of messages that I’ve built up over almost 2 years! I don’t even know where to look for that, I’ve searched for anything named openfire and nothing shows up except the installer!

Thanks again!

Can you download a fresh installer and try again? We did solve some OS-X related issues just after releasing the binary and replaced the installer. Perhaps you were using an old copy.

I expect Openfire to be installed in /usr/local/openfire on a Mac.

Hi Guus,

I just downlaoded the installer a few hours ago I also downloaded the nightly build but am not sure how to install it.

That installer will be ok.

Have you been able to find the Openfire logs? If you start the application, does your Operating System give you any clues that something is actually being started? Does this give you anything: ps ax | grep java

Hi Guus,

Well… actually… it just randomly started working! Apparently it just needed lots of time to upgrade after the install to upgrade the db? Everything is working though! Looks like it took about 3 hours to come back online. Since the install happened so quickly, I didn’t realize it was needing to work behind the scenes in any way.

Thanks!

Brant

Since the install happened so quickly, I didn’t realize it was needing to work behind the scenes in any way.

No, this is not normal. Upgrade shouldn’t take longer than a minute i say. Also, about the archives. They probably are stored in a database. If you use embedded database, then it should be in the same folder Openfire is installed in (i think, not using OSX).

Same proble here, openfire opened 4 ports including 9090 but returned empty page and couldnt be connected to. Gave it all night:) Now back to 3.6.4. Ill be happy to try anything.