Failed login using SQL auth rather than Windows Auth - OpenFire with SQL 2008

Hello,

I am trying to deploy OpenFire 3.6.4 on a Windows 2008 x64 server with a second Windows 2008 x64 server hosting SQL 2008. Our SQL security policy ideally does not permit us to use SQL authentication but I have been unable to get OpenFire to authenticate using Windows Authentication. I have read the FreeTDS documentation (which I believe OpenFire uses0 and it states if ‘DOMAIN\Username’ is used for the username field, it will use Windows Authenticationt to connect to SQL (http://www.freetds.org/userguide/domains.htm). Unfortunately even if using thie username format, on checking the SQL server logs I get the entries below which show it is still trying to connect using SQL authentication :

2010-03-15 17:40:48.690 Logon Error: 18456, Severity: 14, State: 58.

2010-03-15 17:40:48.690 Logon Login failed for user ‘osculum\openfire’. Reason: An attempt to login using SQL authentication failed. Server is configured for Windows authentication only. [CLIENT: 192.168.50.34]

Can anyone please clarify how to get OpenFire to connect to an SQL server with Windows Authentication ?

I appreciate any help

Stu.

I forgot to mention I created the ‘openFire’ database using the supplied sql script and everything else seems to be in place.

SM.