Failure to update database

Hello, im upgrade my Openfire server from 3.4.x to 3.4.4 (latest) and when im start the Openfire server, i see one error:

gateway - Database update failed. Please manually upgrade your database. from 5 version to 7 version.

What should i do with this? ?:expressionless:

And sorry for my bad English

Maybe you are using old im gateway version? Stop the server, go to its installation folder, /plugins folder, delete gateway.jar and gateway folder. Download newest im gateway vfersion, put gateway.jar in /plugins folder and start server. See if that helps.

No… Its helpless :(. Im clear logs, then I removed gateway.jar and gateway folder, then downloaded and put new gateway. But there is my new log:

2008.01.19 16:27:04 [org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkSchema(SchemaManager.java:251)

]

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Duplicate column name ‘imageType’

at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:936)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2985)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1631)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1723)

at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3277)

at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:3206)

at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.execute(Statement.java:727)at org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.executeSQLScript(SchemaManager.java:348 )at org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkSchema(SchemaManager.java:248)at org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkPluginSchema(SchemaManager.java:11 1)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :416)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :46)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1013)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)2008.01.19 16:27:04 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:418)

] gateway - Database update failed. Please manually upgrade your database.

May be its MySQL server? What version of MySQL do you prefer for 3.4.4 server? Im started on 5.0.24a

If you experience this, apply the files from Openfire/plugins/gateway/database/upgrade/ to your database. This should work. The same thing just happened to me and this turned out to be the solution

Best regards,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting that. I am having the same bit of trouble. Would you mind explaining how you apply the upgrade? Is it a simple matter of copying the files and overwriting the old ones?

Thanks in advance!

-Ed

Yeah! Its help to me!

Thanks a lot!!!

You should patch your database with this upgrade files (apply this files strongly to your type of database). Do this with Navicat for example, or SQLyog (it can be apply only for MySQL database), but better to do this from console)))) and use man mysqladmin for this))))

That depends on what kind of database you’re using. In my case it’s MySQL, so I used SQL-Front , navigated to the correct database, and then clicked the “SQL Browser” tab. Then I opened the .sql files in order (i.e. /1/MySQL.sql, /2/, /3/ etc), pasted them one at a time in the SQL editor box and clicked Execute. They gave me errors that indicated that they had already been applied, except for a few of the steps, and after executing the last one (7 I think), things were back to normal

If you’re using another database system, find the appropriate client, or if possible use the ODBC driver and a simple script. If your database has ODBC-drivers and you’re using Windows, I could make you a sample script to apply a .sql file. Just let me know.

Best regards,

Chris