Fake Accounts

Hi there!

I’ve been noticing for some time now that now and then, someone registers several fake accounts on my Openfire server. I was deleting those accounts on a regular basis. After a few months, I’ve just logged-in to the servers admin console again and checked out the list of registered users. Now there are more than 400 accounts i’d have to delete manually (see attachment).

Is there any option to mass-prune the accounts (i.e. delete any account that hasn’t been used for more than x days)? What can I do to prevent others to register account after account after account?

Regards

Sven

There is nothing you can do. Unless you will write a plugin for such mass accounts deleting.

Still nothing on this? I’m sure I’m not the only one having this issue…

You could use a simple “delete from ofuser where …” statement to delete the users if you are using an external database. Openfire will sooner or later update its database cache and the users are then gone also in the admin console. As constraints are not used you may need to delete rosters and vCards with an SQL statement if they exist.

Writing a plugin which does delete users after n days of inactivity is quite easy. Anyhow I would delete users after some years and not after 60 days. A better solution may be to extend the admin console to allow sorting and to mark multiple accounts. And one could log also the IP address which was used during registration.

LG