Fastpath Documentation

Can anyon tell me if there is some more advanced FastPath documentation available? I found and read the Quick Start Guide. Now I am trying to figure out how to pass a couple of parameters to the chat form. I thought I added a parameter to the workgroup form but it doesn’t show up and I’m not sure how I would go about pre-populating it with my value. My chat application is under a different domain so I want to pass a couple of parameters. I’d like to be able to pre-populate the user id and the user’s account number.

Thank you,

Christene

No, aside from the source code itself. After you add a new field to the HTML Form, it should appear on webchat page. Are you seeing that?

Hi there slicer.

I saw in the admin that I could add a field which I did, called accountNo, however it does not show up on the users request chat page (userinfo.jsp). They only get the name, email and question fields. If I accept a chat request via Spark I see the Account label under the question but of course it has no value. Somehow I thought it would automatically show up on the userinfo.jsp when I added it via the admin.

I use this function to display my chat button:

showChatButton(‘webdept@workgroup.mysite.com’);

I do have the account number in a session variable. I’d like to pre-populate the account number field when the user is requesting the chat session. I’m trying to find a ‘clean’ way to do this before I start hacking into the code. I’m probably an intermediate level jsp programmer but this is my first attempt at chat. We’re just trying to provide some basic web support to our users.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Christene