FastPath offline message

Hi,

Last week i found out that Openfire 3.3.1 offline message did not working…

It worked OK for english, but it did not for double byte character

such as

???

???

???

???

???

will be

???

???

???

???

???

and

???Unicode(???)?

will be

???Unicode(???)?

Anyone know what has happened?

Thanks.

Welly,

I would make sure your database is setup to support UTF-8 if that is the case then you should be able to see UTF-8 characters being stored in the jiveoffline table. Instructions for setting up your database to handle UTF-8 are different for each database so you will probably need to google for your particular setup.

Cheers,

Nate

Hi Nate,

The SQL is utf8 , i can save data to SQL in utf 8 format.

The problem is that offline message/ test email that was sent out, couldn’'t be seen properly

Thanks

Welly

Hi,

Any update or idea how to solve this issue?

Thanks

Welly

Same problem when you email the chat transcript. If the email contains any double-byte characters the body

of the email is empty. Here is part of the stack trace when that happens:

2007.08.02 08:16:36 org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager$2.error(InternalCom ponentManager.java:280)

java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect string value: ‘’\xE3\x82\x88\xE3\x82\x8A…’’ for column ‘‘transcript’’ at row 1

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:2975)

at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1600)

at com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.serverExecute(ServerPreparedStatement.ja va:1125)

at com.mysql.jdbc.ServerPreparedStatement.executeInternal(ServerPreparedStatement. java:677)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1357)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1274)

at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeUpdate(PreparedStatement.java:1259)

at com.jivesoftware.xmpp.workgroup.utils.DbWorkgroup.updateTranscript(DbWorkgroup. java:55)

Thanks for the report. I’ve gone ahead and filed ENT-166 to fix this issue.

Cheers,

Derek

Derek,

I just tested the 3.3.3 Enterprise plugin and this encoding issues still exists. But I see that ENT-166 has been closed and fixed for 3.3.3. Can you reopen the issue?

Hi,

This issue actually existed within the Openfire core side of things. Have you updated to the latest 3.3.3?

Cheers,

Derek

Yes. I upgraded to Openfire 3.3.3 at the same time.

Derek,

I had tested the 3.3.3 vserion and this encoding issues

still exists.

I try to send chinese, korean, japanese and russian .

Thanks

Welly