Fastpath plugin on FreeBSD7.2 AMD64 java.lang.NullPointerException

I have try 3 times to install openfire3.6.4 on a Freebsd7.2 (AMD 64) system.

Openfire work fine. But the Fastpath plugin meet big problem every time.

when I click the demo
Demo workgroup

the follow msg shows:

java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.fastpath.workgroup_002dqueues_jsp._jspService(workgroup_002dqueues_jsp.java:466)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.handleJSP(PluginServlet.java:229)
     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:87)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:146)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:146)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
     at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488
)

any body knows how to solve this problem ? I do need fastpath plugin, because I need a web chat function.

I only install two plugins : Fastpath Webchat and Fastpath Service.

From the plugin tab of the admin console, try reloading the Fastpath service plugin, and see if that helps.

Thanks for your kindly reply, BUT, the problem still stand there. The same error.

And I use spark to login the demo account , the openfire user tab can see the demo account is active, the Fastpath still show “Not Available” status.

This may be duo to a security login problem , I don’t know .

The dataForm variable is not being populated. The reason it is not being populated is because of a buggy xstream.jar. This issue was answered in thread http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/36431. Are you using the ports version of Openfire? One suggestion is to use that version, unless you want to rebuild the software according to the aforementioned thread.

./plugins-dev/fastpath/target/jspc/java/org/jivesoftware/openfire/plugin/fastpat h/workgroup_002dqueues_jsp.java

110 DataForm dataForm = formManager.getDataForm(workgroup);^M

464 if (!advancedBuilder) {

465 out.write("\r\n

\r\n \r\n Form Variable:\r\n \r\n \r\n <s elect name=“editVariable”>\r\n ");

466 for (FormField field : dataForm.getFields()) {467 out.write("\r\n <option value="");

468 out.print( field.getVariable());

469 out.write(’"’);

470 out.write(’ ');

471 out.print( field.getVariable().equals(variable) ? “selected” : “”);472 out.write(’>’);

473 out.print( field.getVariable());

474 out.write("\r\n ");

475 }

476 out.write("\r\n\r\n \r\n

\r\n \r\n Form Value:\r\n \r\n <input type=“text” name=“editValue” size=“30” value="");

477 out.print( value != null ? value : “” );

478 out.write(""/>\r\n

\r\n \r\n\r\n

Dear slicer321,

You give me a great solution. Now I have solve the problem on Fastpath.

My system is Freebsd7.2 AMD 64 diablo-jdk-1.6.0.07.02_1, jdk-1.6.0.3p4_7, Openfire 3.6.4

Openfire use Ports install

After the default install , I meet the Fastpath jave Errors same as this topic.

I see your solution, and do following job:

#cd /usr/ports/textproc/xstream/

#make install

#cp /usr/local/share/java/classes/xstream.jar /usr/local/share/java/openfire/plugins/

#cp /usr/local/share/java/classes/xstream.jar /usr/local/share/java/openfire/fastpath/

#sudo /usr/local/etc/rc.d/openfire restart

I don’t know which one exactly works, but after i done all jobs above, the fastpath begin to work well.

No errors find!

Thank you slicer321,

thank you all!

Hi all,

This is just to give some more details about how to get it work.

I am using openfire 3.7.0 with java 1.7 . on Centos 6.3 server.

As described in the 2nd port of this thread " http://community.igniterealtime.org/thread/36431 "

I downloaded the binaries from " http://xstream.codehaus.org/download.html " to my downloads folder.

Unzipped the package.

then renamed the xstrem-1.4* to xstrem.jar

then moved, you may want to keep the copy so use copy to /opt/openfire/plugin/fastpath/lib/

stop the openfire server and then start.

After this I was able to edit the workgroup properties.

Thanks to all people who keep posting on this forums to help other.

your help is greatly appriciated.

Regards,

Makarand Maha.