FastPath Tab Not Visible to End Users

Maybe this is expected behavior so please let me know if this is the case. However, the FastPath tab is not visible to end-users of the Spark client (2.8.3).

I am trying to roll out a support queue within FastPath for users to quickly get help and would like for them to be able to go to that tab and click to get assistance. Is this something that’s possible? If so, how do I get it working? The tab does show up on my account, but I’m also an admin and a moderator of a test queue.

Fastpath tab in Spark is only meant for Fastpath agents, not for users looking for support. Users should send a message to the queue address and this way initiate the initial form and then a chat session. To simplify this i would create a shared group, say ‘Support’ and then add a contact to that group in a form of queuename@workgroup.server
It will show a red asterisk besides such contact, but it will work. This contact will also show green for users in Spark if at least one agent is online. Then users should just double click this contact and say ‘Hi’ or anything and it will ask them for a name, email and their question.

Unfortunately, you might not be possible to utilize Spark for agents because of this bug https://issues.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-1532

I have read that Pade (web client) supports Fastpath now, so maybe you can use it for agents instead. Or for all users, if you are not against web clients. Pàdé 1.4.0 released!

For FastPath agents, you can use Pàdé

For FastPath users, you can use WebMeet directly from your support web site or use the Converse Web client in the Openfire InVerse plugin to start a chat session with a support work group. For example, demo@workgroup.your-domain

1 Like