I inherited administration of an Openfire Server that uses fastpath. For the most part, it works fine, but we have noticed some abnormalities with the way that the transcripts are displayed using the “Reports” -> “Chat Summary” feature on the fastpath tab. When we enter a date range and click “View Chat Transcripts”, the results are truncated:
Further, this truncation seems arbitrary: Depending on the date ranger we enter, it may display more or fewer transcripts, and there is no consistency in terms of the transcript it “stops” on. For example, entering the date range 09-07-08 through 10-07-08 won’t display any transcripts before a particular one on 09-11-08, but if we narrow the range to 09-07-08 through 09-15-08 then it displays the previously problematic transcript and several others before it. So I don’t think it’s an issue with particular values in the database.
Sometimes the truncation will take place in the middle of a line: So we will see the two users involved in the conversation, but the rest of the meta data for that line is missing. Other times, it stops after a transcript.
The data, however, so far as I can see, is present in the fastpath session and session metaData tables. Therefore I am assuming this is a retrieval and not a storage issue.
Here are some of the server parameters that hopefully will help narrow down the issue:
- We are using Openfire 3.5.2 and Fastpath Webchat 4.0 and Service 1.0, though previous versions have exhibited this behavior as well. We are not certain at which version the problem began, unfortunately.
- We are using OS 10.4 Server and MySQL 5.1.
- We were previously running Enterprise, but I did follow the upgrade instructions that required running a few updates and replaces in the DB. I also removed the enterprise folder and .jar file in the plugin directory.
Lastly, I’ve attached a a NPE error we receive once instead of the search results in the hope that it will shed some light on the issue. I’ve also attached a chunk of the server error log, marked before I ran the request and after I got the result back. I don’t think the errors in the log are related but I’ve included them for completeness’ sake.