Fastpath webchat: HTTP ERROR: 505

Hi,

I’ve started to play with the Fastpath webchat. Every thing looked fine and the webchat worked but it did not create a new room, then I found that I’ve missed to change room cration permissions and changed them. No I had to restart Openfire. After the restart I’ve tried to open the webchat. It told me, that it could not connect to the server. Now I’ve tried to re run webchat setup and got:

HTTP ERROR: 500
INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
RequestURI=/webchat/setup-index.jsp
Caused by:
java.lang.NullPointerException
     at org.jivesoftware.webclient.jsp.setup_002dindex_jsp._jspService(setup_002dindex_jsp.java:76)
     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
     at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:45)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.jivesoftware.webchat.SetupFilter.doFilter(SetupFilter.java:92)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:843)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:648)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
     at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)

I’ve already tried to uninstall and reinstall the webchat plugin without success.

Can some one please help ?

TIA

Matthias

Is there really no one who is able to help me ?

Try restarting the plugin from the plugins page of the admin console and see if that clears it up.

Does not help … all the same …