Fastpath Webchat - Java error

We have a brand new install of Openfire on our Ubuntu (6.0.6) based web server, and install went off without a hitch, installed fastpath extensions, made sure FQDN was correct and all settings to what i could find in documentation; Clients connect and communicate.

However, when i go to the ‘tools’ section of Fastpath I am unable to see any groups. it simply says ‘Select a workgroup below’ and has the Fastpath header, but no selection is available. My logs show this error which happens every time I try and select the fastpath tools option:

2009.02.03 14:07:49 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)] Error trying to connect to remote server: workgroup.www.piena.com(DNS lookup: workgroup.www.piena.com:5269)
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:144)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The server is behind firewall and I have made sure ports 5522-5523 are open; are there other ports that I am missing, or is this a internal conflict?

Thanks a ton for the help!
openfire.jetty6.patch.zip (1903 Bytes)
openfire.upgrade.jetty7.patch.zip (1600 Bytes)
openfire.continuations.jetty7.patch.zip (1431 Bytes)

I have recently deployed the webchat plugin to a seperate application server, and this error persists. I can not get the plugin to perform, it never lists groups so I can go no further; our inhouse java programmer says he sees syntax errors (?) in the code, but this seams highly unlikely for a developed plugin that was once enterprise level.

I’ve double checked all the settings mentioned, and even set the server name to the direct IP to the openfire box, and this changes nothing. There is little documentation so I’m not sure what the next step is!

If i COULD purchase this for support I would, but as it stands this appears to be the only method of communication, and it is a bit crowded it seams, please, does anyone have a clue as to what could be going on here?

Bump!

Are the ports (9090 and 5269) open to the world? You may only need 5269 if you have the fastpath.war installed on another server.

Thank you for your reply, Todd.

I have checked my NAT settings on the gateway and made sure the ports you mentioned are open on both the Openfire and the Webchat application server. 5269 was not, only 5222 and 9090. I have added 5269 to the list and the problem persists. I am also confused as to if the traffic for the webchat client is leaving the network, and if I should define the server name as a FQDN or use the internal IP address as the servername, as some applications have been known to have issues with domain names on our network.

I will try changing the server name to both and see if that changes the error codes any, too.

Thanks!