Feature Request: better visual new message notification

If spark isn’‘t in the visual foreground, beyonw a “toast” popup, there’'s no visual cue that new messages have arrived. If a user happens to be away from their desk, or looking away form the screen, or just engrossed in something, they can go for ages no knowing that there are new messages.

Some sort of colored or blinking notification (or both, optionally/ideally) in the systray/task bar would save countless hours of aggregate waiting for replies.

Hi,

Spark does blink the systemtray if the chat window is not in focus on new message arrivals. Could you check your client to see if there are any errors in the error log. Also, have you downloaded the latest beta?

Thanks,

Derek

ddman wrote:

Spark does blink the systemtray if the chat window is not in focus on new message arrivals.

Havent ever seen any blinking in systray. Error log is 10 days old. So no errors are appearing i suppose. Only new chat window appears in taskbar and blinks (or old one starts to blink). But i often keep big stack of windows with scroll in taskbar. So systray blinking is a big help.

Hi Derek,

on WinXP Spark does also for me not blink in the systray, it opens a new window if needed. If I chat with foo and bar the window title will be either foo or bar. If it’'s title is foo and bar sends a message then “foo” will blink in the task bar. I could expect that “bar” should blink.

If a new user “foobar” sends a message then the title changes to “foobar” and it blinks in the task bar.

LG

it2000 wrote:

Hi Derek,

on WinXP Spark does also for me not blink in the systray

yeah, havent seen it blinking either

If I chat with foo and bar the window title will be either foo or bar. If it’'s title is foo and bar sends a message then “foo” will blink in the task bar. I could expect that “bar” should blink.

agree