Feature request: send message button

i’ve had several of my less experienced users ask “now that i’ve typed my message, how do i send it?”

clearly, you press enter, but the UI could use a button to click to send as well

Many of the today IM clients doesnt have Send button anymore This could be as a minor feature request if you want only a button to be added. Enter should still send the message? If you want to change that, then it will need an option in the Preferences to switch between modes (Enter sends or doesn’t).

We could simply create a little plugin and upload it into ignite plugin directory.
I’ll do this but only next week. Last month was terable, to much work.

wroot wrote:

Enter should still send the message? If you want to change that, then it will need an option in the Preferences to switch between modes (Enter sends or doesn’t).

Yes, I certainly don’t want to remove Enter as a send message option. That is why I ended with “as well”

SPARK-1201

Check plugin. I uploaded jar file here: SPARK-1201

I merged 2 plugins in one. this one http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/198740#198740

and send button. In future i will improve this plugin and add new features there.

I see that you have added a bonus A button for quoting messages. Not sure is it really needed there. maybe you should stick with a Send button only as ticket says. Anyway, Send button works ok.