Fee-Based Support

Does anyone know of a service provider who provides OpenFire server support? The ones listed on this site only provide support if they are hosting your OF server.

Our county courthouse has used OpenFire for a number of years and has come to rely heavily upon it.

We had some minor issues a few months ago, so our local computer store upgraded us to version 3.7.0. Ever since, it has been crashing weekly. As good as our local support has been about trying to resolve this problem, they have not been able to fix it.

It is running on Windows Server 2003. We have a mixed bag of clients, mostly Spark and Pidgin.

When I open the OpenFire server app, the following is displayed in the textbox…

Thanks!

Dick

Database setup or configuration error: Please verify your database settings and check the logs/error.log file for detailed error messages.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@f7cf94a6[file =C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file : C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:764)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:480)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:212)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:113)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:58)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@f7cf94a6[file =C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file : C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager .java:151)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.verifyDataSource(XMPPServer.java:754)
… 16 more
Error starting the server. Please check the log files for more information.
Server halted

Only one client can connect to the embedded HSQLDB (I believe) so there may be another process accessing your database already. I found this out once by trying to run OF when I had the db viewer that comes with HSQLDB open already.

Perhaps there is still an errant OF instance running or something that is locking the db. Try looking in the taskmanager for it, or reboot the server (which would kill such a process).

If that doesn’t work, it’s possible the db was left locked because of an OF crash. In that case, you should google an answer for unlocking an HSQL database.

Good luck.

Thanks. I will pass that on to our support people.

It does seem strange that with such a wide base of users that there are not companies offering OpenFire troubleshooting. I’d really like to contract with a company to remote in, diagnose the problems and make suggestions, or better yet… fix them

Thanks again,

Dick

I agree with Robin, that your local support should check the server and running processes and services (maye old version was installed as a service and it is still running).

As for the commercial support. Well, i think there are such companies, but they do not advertise in this forum. I’ve got a job offer once from http://community.igniterealtime.org/people/workface Though he is not active here, but you can try contacting them.