Few feature requests

I filed an issue on this request already, actually.

No wonder if i have voted it already

That’'s not currently possible because Spark has no

way of accessing that information in Jive Messenger.

What we should do is unify the concept of profiles in

Jive Messenger so that the name that people supply is

available as vcard data.

hm… this just looks confusing to me. Too much mess with names in XMPP

Hi again,

is it possible to change personal chat history setting (not room history!)? Currently I see all previous communication when I connect again to a user.

Hi ifao,

Could you elaborate on this? Right now, we display the last 20 messages per user. What would you like to see?

I would like to have a way to store one on one chat history on the jive server, so history can be accessed from any client.

Oh. We totally agree and that is already in our schedule.

thanks

This online spell check is a really nice, but will it be possible in the future to load free dictionaries ressources (like the one from mozdev)?

I would like to have a way to store one on one chat history on the jive server, so history can be accessed from any client.

is there any progress on this? you said it was on your schedule. has it walready been done and if so any docs on it??

In any case, we’‘re just trying wildfire and think it’‘s very good. I hope that we’‘ll get our users using it very soon. I’'m even thinking of writing an RSA login pluggin

I love Spark, no doubt… true, it gobbles up RAM, but I can live with that…

I have a request - if it can be met, i shall be the happiest :)…

I am not able to distinguish between a broadcast message and one-to-one chat whn i receive a new message… this leads to confusion (me replying to a broadcast, thinking it to be one-to-one chat message)… it would be better if broadcasts come up in a separate window, rather than with other chat messages.

Good call phoenix

Any hope for my wish to be granted???

Of course. The broadcast feature will be in 1.1 (Already done!).

Cheers,

Derek

My apologies if someone’‘s asked for this before (I did a brief search but didn’‘t find anything) – I have many groups that I define administrative on our Jive Messenger server and every time I log in with Spark, all the groups are displayed “expanded”. Every day I have to go through and collapse all the ones I’'m less involved with. Can Spark be configured to remember what groups I had collapsed between sessions? This is something I became very used to with Pandion and GAIM but find somewhat annoying about Spark.

Thanks for the awesome work you guys are doing!

Here are a few suggestions from our rollout group, don’'t know if they are practical or not:

1. Is it possible to have Spark alert on a message via a sliding window like MSN Messenger? Where a portion of the message is shown and the user can click on it to open the chat window.

2. Animated Avatar’'s

3. Block person from chatting with another

Everyone loves the tabbed messages as opposed to multiple windows of chats. Great job!

Hi megamoose,

The group state feature has been implemented in Spark 1.1.

Cheers,

Derek

One (simple?) feature request.

When I search for a contact, I’‘m presented a list of matches in the “User Search” dialog window. I then right-click on the contact I’'m interested in and select “Add as Contact” and the “Add as Contact” dialog window appears. It would be great you could populate the ‘‘Nickname’’ field of the “Add as Contact” dialog window with the “Name” value from the list … right now that field is blank.

Another option would be to populate the nickname field with the Username value but because we’‘re using LDAP authentication the username value isn’‘t something that’‘s easily identifiable in our organization (it’'s a randomly assigned alphanumeric value).

Havent check this by myself, but there should be a

way to turn off tabs of course. Dont like tabs

when

speaking about IM.

I definitely think you should give them a chance. We

did a lot of work to create a tab system that

actually works. Still, I’‘m sure we’'ll have a

preference to turn off the tabs in a future release.

I’'ve had a few requests from my users to disable tabs and for each user to have their own window… would be nice to see a tracker item for it so I can give them a rough estimate

I’'ve had a few requests from my users to disable tabs

and for each user to have their own window… would

be nice to see a tracker item for it so I can give

them a rough estimate

Aha! So now there are two of us

Of course. The broadcast feature will be in 1.1

(Already done!).

Cheers,

Derek

This great!!! Spark is THE best jabber client, no doubts on that