File Transfer Problems

Hey Alex,

unfortunately using the File Transfer Proxy doesn’‘t work also which is really weird. I just enabled File Transfer Proxy on port 7777 without configuring an external IP, because all clients are inside our company LAN, but the result remains the same. File Transfer still doesn’'t work. Thanks for your support anyway.

Lars

Hey Lars,

Is there any case where you have multiple-interfaces per machine or anything unusual in your network setting like that, which could cause a client to send its incorrect IP? The method File Transfer uses for discovering its own IP is rather primitive, we recently added in Wildfire the ability for the proxy to bind to the interface provided in the configuration file.

Thanks,

Alex

Hey Alex,

we don’'t have multiple interfaces per machine. All clients receive their IP from our DHCP server. We also ensure that a client always gets the same IP address by linking the IP address to the MAC address of the network cards. All clients are also configured with correct hostnames. The Wildfire server currently runs on our development server and is also correctly configured with IP address and hostname.

We use a default configuration for all Spark clients. This is the content of the settings.xml file of the clients:

The settings.xml and custom_messages.xml files are write protected to ensure that clients can’'t store their password and autoconnect to the Wildfire server or change the away messages we configured. But that looks all fine to me.

Maybe you could tell me the property that I have to set to bind the proxy to the interface provided in the configuration file. I searched the docs but could’'t find an overview of the properties one could set in the admin console. Thanks again for your help.

Lars