Firefox is crashing when doing Reply or Edit

I can give you some feedback on browser cache issues… Until mid-February, this community had been running with the older (Clearspace 2.5) style expires/cache headers settings. Mid-February the pre-release version we went to had switched to depending on Apache to set expires headers instead of the Java app (that’s when we started seeing slower performance, as I missed the change.). So I put a stop-gap set of apache expires settings in place until I had the final upgrade package and configuration settings.

We’re now on the full 3.0.0 release with configuration based on the official defaults, so I’m curious to see if you see a difference in crashing or not.

OK. Once more i will try to use RTE.

Looks like you’ve nailed it this time. Not a single crash in ~17 days

Excellent! Thanks for the update.

Another crash today.

Just curious, what add-ons (if any) do you have installed? I use FF 3.0.8 on Ubuntu 9.04 and FF 3.1b3 on OS X 10.5.6 and never have any troubles.

Message was edited by: Chris Brentano

As always, thank you for the feedback.

I’ve just upgraded the community to Jive SBS 3.0.1 which does include specific improvements meant to address RTE performance (which is what we think caused the Firefox crashes).

So… let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Yup, the RTE is much better for me on FF. Typing and page scrolling used to be painfully slow and jumpy. Mostly smooth now.

My Firefox add-ons:

Abduction!

Adblock Plus

Auto Copy

Clippings

Combine Stop-Reload Buttons

Feed Sidebar

Find In Numbers

FireGestures

FlashGot

Forecastfox

FoxClocks

History Submenus

IE Tab

Java Quick Starter (disabled)

Lithuanian spellcheck dictionary

Locationbar Limit

Menu Editor

Nuke Anything Enhanced

Paste and Go 2

PatchForLibrary

Quick Locale Switcher

Right Encoding

Russian spellcheck dictionary without IO support

Tab Counter

Tab Mix Plus

Text Link

Ubiquity

United States English spellcheck dictionary

Update Notifier

not so many… at work i have only few of them and it was crashing quite often until the RTE update last month. I was going to test this with safe mode or fresh profile, but now crashes are too rare for testing.