First beta release, and welcome!

Awesome plugin… thanks for creating this.

Seems to be working great so far, except I can’'t get logged into AIM. I am positive I am entering the screen name and passwords correctly, as I can use them in other chat clients (gaim, etc.). As soon as I register, the client logs out. If I try to log back in, it immediatly logs out again.

I get the following in the stderror.log file each time I try to log in with an AIM registration present:

Exception in thread “Client SR - 20266279” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

at net.kano.joscar.snaccmd.DefaultClientFactoryList.

Any ideas?

Thanks again… as soon as I can get this going consistenly, we are rolling it out!

–sk.

=) I’‘m not entirely sure why offline contacts would be showing up as online, but the nicknames are currently solely dependent on nicknames being set in your ICQ/OSCAR buddy list. These are often set by “real icq clients” once they determine what the nickname is. One thing I would like to do is to set the ICQ support up to automatically look up the contact’'s nickname if it sees a UIN (or no nickname at all). That way it should be able to fill in the missing nicknames automatically. PyICQt does this.

What, are you implying that Client SR - 20266279 isn’‘t intuitive? ;D Actually that’'s really bizarre. Would you mind posting the entire stack trace? It looks like it might be happening inside of joscar itself. Is your screen name a @mac.com name or no? Are you entering any spaces in it or all one word?

My screen name only contains characters in [a-z], and no spaces… so no periods or @ signs, etc. I didn’'t mentione before that both the MSN and Yahoo! transports are working beautifully, and my screen names for both of those services is identical to my screen name for AIM…

Here is the stacktrace. I reproduced it so I was sure there was only one exception:

Exception in thread “Client SR - 18799851” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.kano.joscar.DefensiveTools.asUnmodifiableList([Ljava/lan

g/Object;)Ljava/util/List;

at net.kano.joscar.snaccmd.auth.ClientAuthCmdFactory.(LoginConnection.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.oscar.OSCARSession.logIn(OSCARSessi on.java:81)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.oscar.OSCARTransport.registrationLo ggedIn(OSCARTransport.java:80)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:243)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:129)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:435)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketPacketWriteHandler.process(SocketPacketWrit eHandler.java:53)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketDelivererImpl.deliver(PacketDelivererImpl.j ava:48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.probePresence(PresenceManager Impl.java:293)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.handleProbe(PresenceManagerIm pl.java:191)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:122)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:61)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager.sendPacket(Interna lComponentManager.java:160)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.sendPacket(BaseTransport.java:1 239)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:140)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager$RoutableComponent. process(InternalComponentManager.java:435)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:218)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:96)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:250)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader.j ava:51)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:216)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

HTH. Let me know if I can help otherwise!

Thanks.

–sk.

Sorry, of course my screen name for MSN is NOT identical to my screen name for AIM, as it’'s actually my e-mail address…

But my screen names for Yahoo! and AIM are indeed identical…

–sk.

I also just noticed that the error that I originally posted and the error that I just posted were different…

I can clarify:

The error that I originally posted was apparently what occured after I had tried to register, then tried to log in a second time. The recent post with the full stack trace is the error that was generated when I initially tried to register.

So I tried to log in again, and got a different exception, which I’‘ve included below. Again, this one (NoClassDefFoundError) occurs each time I try to log into Wildfire after I have registered with the AIM transport and been kicked out once. My last post’'s exception (NoSuchMethodError) occurs the first time I try to register with the AIM transport.

Here is the second stack trace:

Exception in thread “Client SR - 2885298” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

at net.kano.joscar.snaccmd.DefaultClientFactoryList.(LoginConnection.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.oscar.OSCARSession.logIn(OSCARSessi on.java:81)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.protocols.oscar.OSCARTransport.registrationLo ggedIn(OSCARTransport.java:80)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:243)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:129)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.Roster.broadcastPresence(Roster.java:586)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.broadcastUpdate(Presenc eUpdateHandler.java:258)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:96)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:153)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:92)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processPresence(SocketReader.java:29 9)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processPresence(ClientSocketRe ader.java:57)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:193)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

Thanks.

–sk.

Hrm. Thanks for the tracebacks! Let me see what I can figure out!

yes i actually did use another transport at one time to get GOOGLE talk to use aim a few months back.

I think that is probably what ate your contacts. (sigh) Definite busted-ness in the previous versions. Either way, I’'m sorry that happened. =(

Hi Daniel good work…

Feature request: Add Transport Jabber Mail Component (JMC), for obtain notifications of mail using the mail address in to the wildfire user.

Thanks

Daniel

Howdy! Which direction would this work? Like would it be a method of sending email from your XMPP account to another user? Or visa versa, would incoming mail get siphoned into Wildfire to be delivered to the XMPP account?

Hi,

a component to notify if there is new mail, that uses the direction of mail of the properties of the user of the server. Like Yahoo messenger or Live messenger.

Gato help my with the traslation.

Gato ayudame con la traducción.

Un componente o transporte parecido al Jabber Mail Component (JMC) desarrollado en Python que notifique al usuario registrado si tiene correo nuevo en su buzón, algo asi parecido al Yahoo Messenger o Live Messenger. Que se integre de alguna manera con el servidor de correo de la empresa.

Hi,

I have a stupid question. I’'m running the python transports at the moment and I want to ask if there will be a problem if I want to migrate from the python transports to the wildfire plugin or if everything will just work fine if I switch on the new transport plugin?

Thanks

What will happen when you migrate to the plugin is, it will run through your roster and wipe all matching jid items. (so if you had a lot of 12345@icq.jabber.whatever, the ICQ transport would wipe all of those) It does this because it handles the contacts in a non-persistent mode. (That means, this is a good thing ) It does mean it would be difficult to migrate -back- though, should you ever wish to do that.

In case anyone wonders, if one wants to migrate back, I would recommend wiping your registration entry from your Py transport install and letting it treat you as a brand new registration.

Thanks. So what I understand until now is:

The Plugin will whipe all the icq.jabber.whatever contacts which are already on the roster. The same with all the other msn, aim, yim contacts.

Then it searches for the contact list on the icq server, downloads this list and puts it on my roster.

Correct! Also just to clarify, they are put on your roster in a non-permanent state. This means that your actual roster as it stands in the database is not effected.

Am I the only person who can not download this file? (gateway.jar) I have been having trouble installing it using any of the methods described…

– Install via WildFire Admin page

– Manual Install (can’'t get the download to work…always come out 0k)

Anyone have any ideas as to why this may be happening?

*Coincidentally I can not download additional emotes or backgrounds from within Pandion either)

I have checked to ensure my ports are open on my firewall, but perhaps I missed something?

Thanks in advance from your help!

I am having the same problem

Exception in thread “Client SR - 28281285” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.kano.joscar.flap.ClientFlapConn.(LoginConnection.java:37)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketPacketWriteHandler.process(SocketPacketWrit eHandler.java:53)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketDelivererImpl.deliver(PacketDelivererImpl.j ava:48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.probePresence(PresenceManager Impl.java:293)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PresenceManagerImpl.handleProbe(PresenceManagerIm pl.java:191)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:122)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:56)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager.sendPacket(Interna lComponentManager.java:160)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.sendPacket(BaseTransport.java:1 239)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:140)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:218)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:96)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:250)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader.j ava:51)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:216)

This is already tracked in GATE-62.