Flash 10 & Red5Phone

First of all let me just say that red5phone is awesome!!

Is there any change that by using the already available flash 10 (beta), we could eliminate the step where we convert the nellymoser to pcm? Making red5phone blazing fast? Using Red5 as a server and passing the speex audio to an RTP stream directly without converting…

Flash 10 uses speex which is very good and open-source, no need for nellymoser converter… That would be cool…

Bye thanks!

anyone??

Adobe have not documented how to force Flash Player 10 to encode in Speex instead of Nellymoser Asao. The folks at flashphone.ru seem to have figured it out, but as usual the open source community will have to wait a while until someone generous tells how.

Incidentaly, the Nellymoser conversion (aso2ulaw) is not the weakest link in Red5phone. It is C code compiled to binary code and is probably faster than any of the other java code. It makes Red5phone availble for Flash 6,7,8 & 9.

I spoke too soon.

From latest Flex3 SDK documentation

NELLYMOSER Constant

public static const NELLYMOSER:String = “NellyMoser”

Language Version : ActionScript 3.0

Player Version : Flash Player 10

Used to specify that the Nelly Moser codec be used for compressing audio. This is also the default state of the Microphone.codec property.

SPEEX Constant

public static const SPEEX:String = “Speex”

Language Version : ActionScript 3.0

Player Version : Flash Player 10

Used to specify that the Speex codec be used for compressing audio.

-dele-

Hello All,

I added same codes to red5 sip app, speex is working good with Flex app.

salev,

Are you going to be a very nice, nice person and share your changes with the rest of us

do you mind sharing your code??