For close connection how to send push notification about messages

for my chat i am using xmpp when user is showing online he is receiving messages but when on server messages are not able to receive until he came online again. i want like messages whatsapp chat i am not using the app still notification is coming

You can use the PushNotification plugin for this. The Openfire push notifications plugin generates an event that it sends, over XMPP, to a service operated on behalf of the client author. That service will, in turn, generate the push notification that eventually ends up on your phone. You do depend on the client author to run that service! See XEP-0357: Push Notifications for details.

1 Like

i have one issue i am using openfire version 4.1.0 if i update to latest my chat server will go down and previous chat will be affected ?

Upgrading should not affect functionality, but it is always good to create backups, and test things thoroughly.

1 Like

i installed the XEP-0357: Push Notifications but notification is not working if i am is not using app

App Client and App Server push notification is also enabled

Are you running something like https://github.com/iNPUTmice/p2 for your client, that is properly configured?

If that’s the case, then Openfire should generate push notifications to the app server, if the client follows the specifications correctly. You’ll need to perform some debugging to find out where things go wrong).

1 Like

hi , i am getting notification but there is little bug for example i am not using mobile in that time i am not receiving as i unlock the phone it’s receiving automatically.

Sorry to hear that you’re running into problems. Sadly, this doesn’t give me enough information to be able to help you with that issue.