Found AD-Integration BUG for Openfire + HTTP 500 ERROR/ Need help

Hey all,

first at all: I’m new here

The installation of Openfire and the Spark Messenger and the distribution in our company is a final

exam for my apprenticeship and should be finished on May 15th inclusive the full documentation.

So here is my problem:

Our domainname is f.e.: asdfgh.local

Users are stored here:

asdfgh.local

|

|TestOU ← This is an OU

|

|as-users ← This is an OU

|

| VE/VT Sales <---- This is an OU where users are stored and need access to spark

| TE/TD Technics <------ This is an OU where users are stored and need access to spark

So my problem is that Iam on the last page of the WebInterface where I choose my administrative accounts and can test the AD-integration with other users.

So I tried several users there and tested the passwords and found out that not all users were working correctly. The page told me that the passwords

didn’t match with the useraccount.

I figured out that the problem is the name of the OUs where the users are stored.

For example users who are stored in the OU with the name “Azubis, Praktikanten” are working fine and the passwords match.

Now the problem:

Users who are stored in the OU with the name “VE/VT Sales” are NOT working.

The problem ist the slash (“/”) in the OU-name. I can’t rename the AD OUs, this could cause problems.

Is there a fix for this?

I use openfire-server 3.7.0 and Spark 2.6.0.1222

I would be very glad if you can help me with my problem.

EDIT: So now I have the HTTP ERROR 500 and tried almost everything to solve the problem but nothing could help me.

This is my Errorlog:

2011.04.27 12:49:33 “CN=“Thomas Ahlff”,OU=“TE/VK Segment Vierkant””: close quote appears before end of component

javax.naming.InvalidNameException: “CN=“Thomas Ahlff”,OU=“TE/VK Segment Vierkant””: close quote appears before end of component

at javax.naming.NameImpl.extractComp(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.NameImpl.(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.CompositeName.(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(Unknown Source)

at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.LdapUserTester.getAttributes(LdapUserTester.java:168)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dldap_002duser_005ftest_jsp._jsp Service(setup_002dldap_002duser_005ftest_jsp.java:97)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:530)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1216)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:39)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1187)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:425)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:494)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:93 3)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:362)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:867 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler Collection.java:245)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav a:126)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:334)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:559)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConne ction.java:992)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:541)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:203)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:406)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:4 62)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2011.04.27 12:49:37 Error parsing LDAP search fields: ((objectCategory=user)(memberOf=OU=BL-Benutzer,DC=bl_nt_lm,DC=local))

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider.setSearchFields(LdapUserProvide r.java:233)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dldap_002duser_jsp._jspService(s etup_002dldap_002duser_jsp.java:203)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:530)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1216)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:425)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:494)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:93 3)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:362)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:867 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler Collection.java:245)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav a:126)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:113)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:334)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:559)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.j ava:1007)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:747)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:406)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:4 62)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:436)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I expect that this error occures because I have the “/” in the OU-names.

It would be very nice if a developer could help me, maybe by using TeamViewer or something like that? Remote help?

My problem is very urgent

Best regards,

**Marcel