Fresh install 3.2.3, error log

Not sure what this all means, but I thought I would paste in the errors I got after a fresh install of 3.2.3. Is there some stuff I need to fix here?

2007.03.18 11:59:38 [org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.fatal(CommonsLogFactory.jav a:95)

] The scratchDir you specified: C:\DOCUME1\ADMINI1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\Jetty_0_0_0_0_9090_webapp____-dnguxu\jsp is unusable.

2007.03.18 11:59:38 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:466)

] Error loading plugin

java.lang.NullPointerException: No ComponentManager implementation available.

at org.xmpp.component.ComponentManagerFactory.getComponentManager(ComponentManager Factory.java:52)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.initializePlugin(SearchPlugin.jav a:101)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :404)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :46)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:920)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hey anthony,

I once saw that error after I completed the initial setup but it didn’'t affect the loading of plugins or any other functionality of the server. Besides seeing that error in the log, are you seeing any problem in the server? If you do then can you check in the log files for other errors?

Regards,

– Gato

Hi Gato,

Thanks for the reply. Everything seems to be working OK although I will say I havent had the chance to kick the tires much as I am getting this SASL error when I try to connect.

I am one of the CO-founders of IMified.com and we are looking to openfire to power our own internal XMPP stuff as a replacement for gtalk. So far not having much luck. I was using ejabberd and it would connect to XMPP but I could not get the python install right to use any of the transports. OpenFire loads the transports fine thanks to the excellent IMgateway plugin, but I can get the server to connect (although spark will connect just fine).

Here is some more detail on the issue:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=25270&tstart=0

Any help you could help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

-Anthony