Full RFC Compliance

Hello,

Does anyone know when Jive plans on achieving full RFC compliance (especially TLS and SASL support)? Are there plans for the immediate future or is this on the back burner? I am currently working on a Business application which leverages xmpp but TLS/SASL is a requirement.

Additionally, has anyone tested the scalability of Jive or done stress tests? I would be interested to know about the performance of Jive under a heavy load.

Ben

Ben,

Does anyone know when Jive plans on achieving full

RFC compliance (especially TLS and SASL support)?

Full RFC compliance is a high priority, but it will take several months to get through all the remaining bits.

Are there plans for the immediate future or is this

s on the back burner? I am currently working on a

Business application which leverages xmpp but

TLS/SASL is a requirement.

Jive Messenger does support the older style of TLS connections already ā€“ where the entire stream is encrypted rather than through negotiation. Iā€™'m not sure if that would work for you short-term needs or not?

Additionally, has anyone tested the scalability of

Jive or done stress tests? I would be interested to

know about the performance of Jive under a heavy

load.

Scalability has been tested in the past and stacked up very well. It beat out almost all of the other commercial and open source servers available (although there are definitely more scalable servers out there). You should expect to be able to handle several thousand users connected at once.

Regards,

Matt