GAIM & Jive

hi,

I have managed to make Gaim 1.2.1-1.FC3 and Jive 2.1.2 work together over old SSL on port 443

Both client and server run on FC3. So far so good.

hi,

having said that, since I installed the new Jive Server 2.1.3, I have been experiencing problems with gaim 1.2.1 over SSL on win platform.

There are instructions here…

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/win32/build.php

I was able to build it under vmware yesterday, but haven’‘t had a chance to get beyond that. I’‘m not sure how easy/hard it would be to modify it to use gnu-tls, or if I’'ll have alot of time to attempt.

On a different note, I recieve the same errors on the server when trying to connect via Trillian 3.1 and using legacy ssl. I’'ve purchased a license to pro and opened a ticket with their support staff.

Any luck installing Gaim with the gnutls on a Windows PC?

Just wondering how to compile Gaim for Windows with this specific option, so I can use Jive + Gaim with SSL.

Thanks

No unfortunately. We are probably going to move to Pandion from GAIM. There seems to be no movement on the GAIM end in terms of a distributed copy with GNU/TLS. The compile instructions on Windows were something we wouldn’'t want to have to do with every new build and GAIM seems to release new versions constantly.

Pandion offers some Jabber Admin features also not provided in GAIM because the client is designed specifically for Jabber Server. It has a cleaner interface, and is designed for ease of use for the end-user.

On Linux we still use GAIM although I understand Kopete is quite nice. We recommend Nitro or Adium on the MAC. iChat in OS X Tiger also now supports Jabber, although we haven’‘t tested iChat’'s connectivity to Jive Messenger yet.

It seems that gaim has moved the bug to the win32 section to see if they’'ll accept using gnu/tls.