Gateway service registration page

I would like to create php script so that my users can registrate for a gateway service.

(there will be checks to see if the user adding a registration is using a valid & existing JID but that is no problem)

I’'m currently storing the data in a mysql database.

*Would it be sufficient to just add: *{mysql query}

INSERT INTO gatewayRegistration (registrationID, jid, transportType, username, password, nickname, registrationDate, lastLogin) VALUES

(, ‘’’’, ‘’{msn/icq/etc/etc}’’, ‘’’’, ‘’’’, NULL, , NULL);

to the ‘‘gatewayRegistration’’ tabel or do i need to add more info into other tables? I have a couple of questions about certain values:
= This is not an auto increment, so to what is this related ? where does (the existing) script get the new value to use from?

= In what format is this stored ? md5,sha1, etc. ?

= In what format is this used, It doesn’‘t seem like a unixtimestamp, and I can’‘t seem to figure it out (Maybe it’‘s because I haven’'t slept for over 24 hours)

Hope somebody can help me out here.

Message was edited by: moroswitie

This comes from deep within the wildfire internals. There’‘s a routine that handles this “globally”. Like yes MySQL has a nice auto increment function, but some of the other databases do not and so Wildfire handles the tracking itself. Must admit I haven’'t investigated it enough to know exactly how it handles it. =)

= In what format is this stored ? md5,sha1, etc. ?

You know, I’‘m not entirely certain. It’‘s handled by Wildfire’‘s AuthFactory class. I’‘m not sure if it’‘s compatible with anything MySQL has built in. I vaguely recall seeing something mention the type of encryption before, but I’'ve forgotten.

= In what format is this used, It doesn’‘t seem like a unixtimestamp, and I can’‘t seem to figure it out (Maybe it’‘s because I haven’'t slept for over 24 hours)

This is what’‘s used to create those fields. I believe the difference lies in that it’'s milliseconds instead of seconds. =)

Daniel

moroswitie wrote:

Hope somebody can help me out here.

I would like to create php script so that my users can registrate for a gateway service.

(there will be checks to see if the user adding a registration is using a valid & existing JID but that is no problem)

I’'m currently storing the data in a mysql database.

*Would it be sufficient to just add: *{mysql query}

INSERT INTO gatewayRegistration (registrationID, jid, transportType, username, password, nickname, registrationDate, lastLogin) VALUES

(, ‘’‘’, ‘’{msn/icq/etc/etc}‘’, ‘’‘’, ‘’‘’, NULL, , NULL);

to the ‘‘gatewayRegistration’’ tabel or do i need to add more info into other tables? Hrm. Well … GOOD LORD IE 7 sucks!!! ARG! Is this really supposed to be a release? Sorry… outburst… I’‘m trying it out at the moment on my Windows box and it’‘s acting a fool. Anyway, there are some other things that occur when you register, such as adding an entry to your roster for the transport and cleaning up “old entries” from other transports. What it, instead of you writing something that edits the db directly, I looked into providing some sort of ‘‘admin http interface’’… perhaps something xmlrpc-ish. That way if I change things on the backend you won’'t be affected? > I have a couple of questions about certain values:
= This is not an auto increment, so to what is this related ? where does (the existing) script get the new value to use from?

(I don’'t know how to quote with this forum software)

If you could create something like this, as a plugin that would be great. If I can help in anyway just let me know. Cause I understand that you are a real bussy man.

The info you provided is helpfull, but if you start working on sumthing we could all use, I won’'t start working on my script for now and just wait.

IE7, :open_mouth: I’'ll stick to firefox for now. and keep testing in IE6, after all the bugs are filtered out then and I might consider installing IE7

=) Hrm that’‘s a good question. Should I just build the xmlrpc interface or should I go full sail and also write the web interface for registering? ;D I don’‘t think there’‘s any reason why I couldn’'t build it into the plugin itself. ponder

The info you provided is helpfull, but if you start working on sumthing we could all use, I won’'t start working on my script for now and just wait.

IE7, :open_mouth: I’'ll stick to firefox for now. and keep testing in IE6, after all the bugs are filtered out then and I might consider installing IE7

=D Yeah. Unless you feel like it’‘s a feature to get seasick from typing in a textarea box. (that’‘s what is occuring right now that I’'m complaining about… this textarea box has a scroll bar and it vanishes and gets redrawn with every new character I type. Which means that the text is also jumping up and down because the scrollwheel keeps showing up “in the way” and then “not in the way”.

=)

moroswitie wrote:

(I don’'t know how to quote with this forum software)

If you could create something like this, as a plugin that would be great. If I can help in anyway just let me know. Cause I understand that you are a real bussy man.

Oh yeah, GATE-102 and GATE-103

If you would create the xmlrpc interface with details how to impliment we could take it from there.

If you got the spare time I would say, go full sail

But most people propably want to customize the way the interface would look to there clients, so just the xmlrpc would be great.