Gatway plug-in errors

After I updated to version 1.2.4d of the gatway plug-in, I’m unable to use it and see the following in the error log …

2008.09.04 15:31:32 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.jav a:507)] Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/gateway
java.lang.AbstractMethodError
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.notifyComponentInf o(InternalComponentManager.java:553)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.process(InternalCo mponentManager.java:542)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.jav a:260)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:303)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:101)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:68)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:60)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.sendPacket(Interna lComponentManager.java:262)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.sendPacket(BaseTransport.java:1 830)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.BaseTransport.processPacket(BaseTransport.jav a:209)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.checkDiscoSupport( InternalComponentManager.java:490)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.component.InternalComponentManager.addComponent(Inter nalComponentManager.java:152)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.TransportInstance.startInstance(TransportInst ance.java:182)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin.maybeStartService(GatewayPlugin .java:151)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.GatewayPlugin.initializePlugin(GatewayPlugin. java:71)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :448)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :47)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1014)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Additionally, the following is being sent to stdout …

log4j:ERROR A “org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender” object is not assignable to a “org.apache.log4j.Appender” variable.
log4j:ERROR The class “org.apache.log4j.Appender” was loaded by
log4j:ERROR [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader@9af34] whereas object of type
log4j:ERROR “org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender” was loaded by [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader@16f0438].
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named “A1”.
log4j:ERROR A “org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender” object is not assignable to a “org.apache.log4j.Appender” variable.
log4j:ERROR The class “org.apache.log4j.Appender” was loaded by
log4j:ERROR [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader@9af34] whereas object of type
log4j:ERROR “org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender” was loaded by [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader@16f0438].
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named “openfire”.
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.TransportInstance).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Any thoughts?

david

No solution, just posting to say I’m having the same issue.

Edit:

The weird thing is, my AIM gateway is up. The others, which I was using successfully before, are not. I get no interface for the gateway service at all (including the AIM gateway) in the admin page.

Edit again:

No, scratch that. I can see my contacts, but when I try to IM, I get a message, code 503, “You are not currently logged into the AIM transport.” For further weirdness, I get typing notifications.

Yep, same thing I’m getting too.

I sure wish AOL would enable XMPP support like they said they were going to. Then I wouldn’t need to use the gateway plug-in.