Get total number of logged in users

Is there any way for a client to get the number of logged in users on openfire?

What does the client need to do to retreive this info? I want all users to be able to retreive this info.

tnx

Hi,

for admins this may be possible using xmpp comands.

Do you want to display the information on a web page or send an XMPP broadcast every 10 minutes?

I’d say you need to write a plugin for Openfire and modify your XMPP client.

LG

Tis info is available via the admin website, which may be able to be used to develop a page that all users can access. There is no client side plugin available for this currently.

a simple option is to create and share a group containing all users. This will show in all rosters with the current number of authenticated users.

Isnt it possible to automatically add all users to a group?

How would the client query openfire for the number of auth users for a group?

Where in the xmpp standard can I see how this is done?

thanks for the help so far

Hi,

Where in the xmpp standard can I see how this is done?

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0133.html#get-registered-users-num is the standard for xmpp administration. Openfire does not support XEP-0133 fully so I wonder whether this does work for an admin.

One could also search for “@” within the email address or something like this and hope that the server returns all users.

Isnt it possible to automatically add all users to a group?

I don’t think so. Within the internet such features are not really needed. A roster with 400 users is quite big, so logging in to receive the roster produces a lot of traffic. The status updates will also produce a lot of traffic, as everyone online will be notified. So I would not do this.

LG

It is possible to add users to a group that is shared at the point that they register for an account. This requires the use of the registration plugin. If you are using LDAP just create an LDAP group with all users and share that group in openfire.