Group chat 2.0.1

I login on Exodus (or Pandion) and try to create a group chat. However it asks me for a password when I haven’'t set a password for group chat. All users are allowed to create chat rooms. Why is it asking for a password?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure the room doesn’‘t exist? Using Exodus (in Pandion I don’'t know) press F11 to browse the existing rooms before joining them. Or you can check from the admin console the list of existing rooms and also modify the room configuration. It seems that your room already exists and is password protected.

Regards,

– Gato

I checked again. I am getting multiple errors. When I start the server I can create a room but I never displays the settings or allows me to set the topic. If I try going back to the room it asks me for a password. In the server config it is set that anyone can create a room.

I am getting multiple errors.

Are you seeing errors in the error.log? Could you paste the stack traces? Which Messenger version are you using?

When I start the server I can create a room but I never

displays the settings or allows me to set the topic.

Where are you creating the room from? Are you using the admin console to create the room? If you are using a client that supports MUC (eg. Exodus) and after joining the room you don’‘t see a window with the room configuration then I assume that the room already existed. Try browsing existing rooms before joining to make sure that a room doesn’'t exist with your name.

It will help if you can paste the xml packets that your client is sending and receiving when joining a room.

If I try going back to the room it asks me for a

password. In the server config it is set that anyone

can create a room.

If you are receiving an error from the server saying that your password is wrong while trying to join a room then it’'s because the room already exists. It seems that this error is related to the same problem described above.

In summary, make sure that a room doesn’'t exist before trying to create a new one and if you are still having problems you can paste the sent and received XML.

Regards,

– Gato