Group Rosters and UserNotFound Exception

Hi,

I recently installed WF 3.0 and have successfully integrated it with Active Directory. The problem i am having is with Roster Groups. Whenever i set a group to be displayed on everyone’‘s roster, the users can no longer add contacts to their roster. A check of the server logs shows a userNotFound exception for each of these attempts. When the roster group is set to be displayed on only group member’'s rosters or to not be displayed at all, users can be properly added to a roster without the exception.

Here is a trace log from an attempt.

2006.07.06 18:09:01 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java: 119) Internal server error

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.auth.UnauthorizedException: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: test@jabber.coldjet.com

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler. java:221)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.handleIQ(IQRosterHandler.java :104)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:268)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:96)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:247)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader.j ava:51)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.process(SocketReader.java:213)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.readStream(BlockingReadingMod e.java:156)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.BlockingReadingMode.run(BlockingReadingMode.java: 62)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:123)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Caused by: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.user.UserNotFoundException: test@jabber.coldjet.com

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.Roster.updateRosterItem(Roster.java:346)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.IQRosterHandler.manageRoster(IQRosterHandler. java:209)

… 12 more

I have tried this with two different clients with the same error and i have been able to reproduce the problem with 100% success (or failure) rate.

As soon as i change the group from all users rosters, everything works correctly.

Thanks for any assistance in resolving this matter.

I have the same problem. Except its not a major for me as people won’‘t be (or shouldn’'t be) adding to the public groups.

I thought i had fixed it but the problem still persists. It also takes such a long time to complete the operation when changing the group to be displayed on all user’'s roster. I noticed in the debug log that WF appears to be doing an entire rediscovery of the directory and group membership. I dont know why it is doing this. After it finishes, i still receive the error when trying to add a new contact. I am not trying to add the contact to the public group either. I am adding the contact to a local roster group.

Problem has been fixed as of 3.0.1