Group: Unfiled?

I’‘m using the new Spark 1.0.2 client and Wildfire server 2.4.0. After logging into the server (via LDAP authentication) I’'m seeing a group name called “Unfiled”. How can I get rid of this group displaying? All I want to see if "Offline and any custom groups I create. This was not present before when running Spark 1.0.1 on Jive Server 2.3.1.

Hi tduval,

Does your unfiled group have any users in it? Also, are they online or offline. You can fix this right now by drag and dropping the users to another group which “files” them.

Cheers,

Derek

Well I created a custom group which includes all members. So either the users will be logged into this group or they will be “offline”. I guess I’‘m being a little picky in that I don’'t want to be able to see the “unfiled” group at all show up in my buddy list. We would never have an instance that I can think of where it would be used because if a new user is created/logs in they will automatically be part of this custom group. I guess it just bothers me to look at it knowing it will never be used.

Hi tduval,

You should not see the unfiled group unless there are actual users who are unfiled or you selected “show empty groups” in the contacts menu. If you see an empty unfiled group, then that’'s a bug and will need to be fixed.

Cheers,

Derek

Well looks like it’‘s fixed now…I unchecked the option for “Show Empty Groups” but it was still there so I logged off and then logged back in and now it’'s gone.

Thanks

Message was edited by:

tduval