GroupChat no Work - Need some expert advice

I upgraded to the latest version on openfire yesterday. Soon after I tried a group chat and it no longer works. This featuer may have been broken before the upgrade because it’s very rarely used.

The isse from the client is that you recieve a message that the server isn’t repsonding when you try to create a conference.

On the server I get the error like the one below when I try to create a room. I’m also getting errors that some rooms already esist even though I cant see them in the list. Basically group chat appears to be totally hosed. Please let me know the best way to re-install / rebuild group chat.

Exception:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal JID: test@group chat.tulspk
at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:396)
at org.xmpp.packet.JID.(JID.java:246)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.muc_002droom_002dedit_002dform_jsp._jspService( muc_002droom_002dedit_002dform_jsp.java:90)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)
at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)
at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)
at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:42)
at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:146)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:829)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)
Caused by: org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNAException: Contains non-LDH characters.
at org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:106)
at org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:46)
at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:367)
… 33 more

Groups that have not been used in a long time become invisible but are still there. you need only join them once to make them visible again for a time. I would check your settings to make sure you are not restricting group creation in any way.

I get the same error when I try to join and group or create a conference on the fly from the spark client.