Groups on Group

Hi, sorry for my bad english.

how make a undergroups in main Group ?

Hi,

I think what you mean is “nested group”.

If you create a shared group in Wildfire and the name of the group contains double colons (" :: "), Spark will display the right part of the colons as the sub-group of the left part. Consider some examples:

MainGroupName::SubGroupName

MainGroup::Sub1::Sub2

Message was edited by: aznidin

I have tried this. But it looks the same as before in Spark.

So what it should be like?

Thank you very much.

broom

Hi broom25,

You need to run version 2.0.2 of Spark to see the tree-like display of nested groups. Check the announcement of Spark 2.0.2

It seems still out of work.

Let me read the announcement first.

Thank you.

:: should be isolated by spaces on both sides, so it should be

maingroup :: sub1

Exodus supports nesting too. Default symbol is / . So for Exodus naming is

maingroup/sub1

Hi Oleg,

for me ‘’/’’ seems to be the much better separator as it is also used by pubsub. Should we sign a petition so Derek changes “::” to “/” ?

So everyone who responds here automatically signs this petition and next Wednesday during the daily chat we’'ll send this thread to Derek (;

LG

it2000 wrote:

So everyone who responds here automatically signs this petition and next Wednesday during the daily chat we’'ll send this thread to Derek (;

Yeah, i dont like this double colon signing, and required spaces are just making problems for novice users

Hey guys,

I think that Derek implemented XEP-83 in Spark. In that XEP you can specify the delimiter you want to use. Probably we need to make it configurable.

Regards,

– Gato

dombiak_gaston wrote:
In that XEP you can specify the delimiter you want to use. Probably we need to make it configurable.

It is configurable in Exodus, of course. / is the default value