Groups suddenly strange behaviour!

Was running Openfire 3.9.1 and my users (40 or so) running Spark 2.6.3 - I have 4 groups and some groups can see other groups and some can’t. This has been working fine for a year or more. I added a 5th group with 7 users - they need to see and be seen by one other group and I figured this would be a piece of cake. Made the changes, saved the settings. And the group can only see the three groups they are not supposed to see and can’t see the one group they should be able to see. Reversed the selections and they lost the groups they could see, but did NOT pick up the group they should see. Turned on the see everybody setting and they still can’t see the people in the group they are supposed to see.

So, I’ve had the systems rebooted, I upgraded to 3.9.3 and this one group is still an issue.

I should be able to select ‘enable contact list group sharing’ - ‘share group with additional users’ - ‘the following groups’ - ‘group C’ - and save settings…

Shouldn’t this work??

thanks for any guidance or direction,

JimA

It is not clear what options you have exactly and where you have “reversed” them. E.g. your groups are: group1, group2, group3, group4 and new group5. What group should group5 see and what group should be able to see group5? Then list what sharing settings you have for every group. In my tests everything works as it should.

Thanks, I’m not sure what happened but I unshared the three groups involved and then reshared them and things seem to be working now. I guess it is like solving a computer issue - turn it off and get some coffee and then turn it on - 95% success rate!