Guide for Translators

I have no idea why. The German translation seemed to get his attention pretty well. It’‘s already in the latest release. Perhaps it helps to get somebody’'s attention if you create a new Polish Translation thread

I could create an issue but I’'m quite sure that Derek will miss it. It may help much more to send the email again or to mention it in the Wednesday Live Chat.

LG

Thanks for the advice. I’'ve resent the file to Derek.

Krzysztof

Hi all!

I’'ve translated Spark into Russian, and it actually works for me. Is there any chance, that my translation will be added into future releases of Spark? Where should I send the translated file?

You can email the file to Derek (derek@jivesoftware.com).

Heh. So the next time i upgrade, will face that (Russsian Reg. Setings)

Regarding it2000’'s java code…

It would be truly great with a plugin like that.

I’‘m from sweden and recently implemented wildfire/spark into our environment and it’'s working quite well except for message history which only shows garbage instead of our “special” characters… ÅÄÖåäö.

It’'s not a big deal, but still very disturbing if you wanna go back and check what person1 wrote 30 mintues ago.

Also filetransers doesn’‘t work but i’'ll write about that under another topic…

Message was edited by: IT-Patrik

Hi IT-Patrik,

thanks for the bug report, I filed this issue as SPARK-493.

The histroy has nothing to do with the language file and it does work fine with Spark 2.0.7, so you may want to use / download v2.0.7.

Update: The whole chat history file may be deleted then by 2.0.7 for no obvious reason. So make a copy of

“%USERPROFILE%\Spark\user\name@example.com\transcripts” if you’'re interested in the chat histories.

LG

??? ??? Spark ?? ??? ???.

? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? “spark_i18n_ru_RU.properties”?

Message was edited by: Pavel

Hi Pavel,

please see http://wiki.igniterealtime.org/display/SPARK/GuideforTranslators and post latin characters - this makes reading your Q much more easy.

The file must be ASCII encoded, all unicode characters must be encoded with \uNNNN.

LG

Razobralsya. Fail dolzhen byt’’ v kodirovke ANSI, a russkie simvoly v kodirovke Unicode.

cancel = \u041e\u0442\u043c\u0435\u043d\u0430

Message was edited by: Pavel

Hi Pavel,

http://babelfish.altavista.com does not like to translate your latin post … but as the forum seems still to have a bug with some UTF-8 characters which get converted to ??? after some days you could probably use the translation service to post your question in English.

I guess that you’'re a little bit disappointed on how the file looks now. So you should always keep the “master” file with native encoding or use an i18n editor (like http://sourceforge.net/projects/popeye or the one IntelliJ contains ).

LG

Hi it2000

I thank for the information.

Any tips on tranlating to languages that are RTL (right to left); like Arabic? How do I get the menu to start from the right hand side of the screen, for example

Thanks!