Has anyone been able to set up OfMeet behind NATed Firewall?

I am sorry for coming back to this forum again and again, but I really cannot find another place to discuss my woes. I am simply trying to set up OfMeet hosted behind a firewall through a NATed IP. I have asked this query regarding how to set it up in the past without much success.

So this time, all I want to ask is if at all anyone has been able to set it up.

I got a response from Jay regarding punching hole through the Firewall using SoftEther and he also, very kindly, posted a video about how to do it on Windows. Problem is, I have set up my OpenFire on a Ubuntu server and just cannot make the same approach to work. (SoftEther does not have GUI version for nix and I cannot figure out how to do what was done in Windows).

But, that is besides the point. The issue I am facing must be a common one since IPs are limited and no one likes to put out a server without a Firewall.

At least help me understand what is wrong so I can search using the right phrases and find a solution. I promise to post a tutorial to help anyone who might be stuck where I am.

Please help!

I tried to analyze the logs and looked around in the admin console of OpenFire and noticed one peculiar thing. When the Ofmeet clients are connected I checked in the sessions section and I noticed that the “Client IP” of both my chat participants shows the same IP and this IP belongs to my Firewall. (Screenshot attached).

So, I guess the firewall is not permitting the IP information to trickle into my webserver where OpenFire is installed. Is there a way around it while keeping the firewall configuration intact?

I was ultimately able to solve this problem! The thing that finally solved it was having an entry in the dns. Making it work through an IP just does not work. The public IP has to bind to a FQDN that you have to mention while setting up OpenFire. I wish they would mention this somewhere in the installation document itself.

The NAT harvester thing is now a part of the Ofmeet plugin itself. Under the settings of the plugin, the public and local IP of the server where the OpenFire installation has been done should be mentioned.