Have Working Xiff3 + Crypto Solution for TLS -Enjoy : )

does this mean now we can use xiff3 client to connect to gtalk server?

thanks,

I haven’t tried it yet. If I find some time to I’ll give it a try.

Did anyone get this working with Google Talk? I’ve already started a thread on this but this seems the most likely place to find answers.

i have

• downloaded the latest zip package
  • replaced the modified classes with the original xiff classes
  • added the modified crypto library to the classpath
  • changed the connection port from 5222 to 5223
  • inserted the “conn.tls = true;” into my connection code block

when i run my fla, it connects to the openfire and sends just the followin line and hangs

<?xml version="1.0"?><stream:stream to=“127.0.0.1” xmlns=“jabber:client” xmlns:stream=“http://etherx.jabber.org/streams” version=“1.0” />

when i look at the debug logs of my openfire server it says:

2008.09.07 17:31:07 ConnectionHandler:
javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: SSL handshake failed.

what could be the problem?

You’re connecting to your localhost and maybe you don’t have an SSL certificate setup on it.

how can i resolve this issue? How can i setup an ssl on my local? How are your test and production environments?

I’m not sure, I’m using the gtalk servers to test. I use talk.google.com:5222 to connect initially, googlemail.com to login, and talk.google.com:5223 to then connect using TLS. It requires extending the xiff code on a few functions as google connects differently to most jabber servers I think. This is my first project in it so I’m still quite new.

I’ve attached a class I used to extend XMPPSocketConnection.

So my main application class now looks like this:

Code
connection = new XMPPSocketConnectionExtension();

connection.username = USER

connection.password = PASS

connection.server = “talk.google.com”;

connection.chatServer = “googlemail.com”;

connection.tls = true;

connection.port = 5222;
Extension file.zip (1292 Bytes)

I have applied the patch but my connection is closed after the following is sent:

Does anyone have an idea or suggestion?

I think that what’s supposed to happen is that the connection is supposed to close after that message, and XMPPSocketConnection should respond by starting a TLS session with the server. That’s how it works when I try it with talk.google.com.

I know this thread is likely dead, but I get as far as connecting successfully. Once I try to login, I get this message back from the server (talk.google.com):

myusernamexiffMalformed JID ‘myusername’: node contains illegal character ‘@’

Neither apostrophes nor the ' strings are in the username at the time it is sent off in an IQ object in XMPPConnection::beginAuthentication.

Any ideas about how to find out where it’s tacking on the quotes or '?

DOH. It’s complaining about the @, not the apostrophe. OK, I apologize for not know how to read.

_http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/183903#183903

Has anyone tried to merge this TLS fix with the head of the svn tree? It looks like there have been considerable changes to the effected classes since this patch was proposed.

I gather from the thread that there was intent to merge the TLS support into the trunk but I don’t see from the logs where it ever happened. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

-Matt

I looked over the modification to XMPPSocketConnection and I do not really like the way it is done. After proceed, you close the original connection and create a new one on port 5223. This is much more like the old SSL method. The way I implemented that I added a new class XMPPSSLSocketConnection. When this class is instantiated, user knows that old SSL method is used. I would be happy to contribute these changes. I believe that it would be also possible to negotiate SSL right after proceed on the same socket.

I’d be interested in having a look at your new class if you don’t mind sharing. Is it current with the trunk of the XIFF tree?

Thanks!

-Matt

I would be happy to see at least some level of encryption integration to be included in the trunk of current XIFF.

Users could then use it or loose it. Wouldn’t mind requiring AScrypto as Open Source should be able to use Open Source.

Please find attached XMPPSSLSocketConnection.as. It is to version 10944, but I think it would be trivial to update to head. You need to apply the changes in ascrypto as per original post. You do not need any change in XMPPConnection or XMPPSocketConnection, just add the attached file to core and instantiate: private var mConnection:XMPPConnection; mConnection = new XMPPSSLConnection(); mConnection.port = 5223; I have tested it with openfire and our internal jabber. Jozsef
XMPPSSLConnection.as (7799 Bytes)

Sweet. Thanks large! I’ve merged merged in the changes as per this thread and everything is building cleanly; no changes necessary. I’ll report back once I’ve had a chance to try it out with my local jabber server and/or gTalk.

Cheers,

-Matt

Tested with google talk and worked great. I tried presnce and im between two accounts. I used the following setting with the propsed XMPPSSLConnection class.

id: account@gmail.com

server: talk.google.com:5223

I did get a roster error, but in Roster.handlePresence, just simply break for Presence.ERROR_TYPE.

Jozsef

Did this ever make it into SVN?

Karthik