Having Problems Setting up LDAP

I’m having problems getting setup using LDAP via MS AD. I’m failing on Step 2 of 3 when trying to search for accounts. Also, I noticed in the documentation on the website that the base DN has “;” instead of “,” in the connection string that caused directory read errors for me if used. I also couldn’t get the ldap formatting to work for the admin account and switched to using the email and it worked perfectly.

Here is my MS AD Structure, all users are nested down in 3-4 level deep folders under each sub location.

/rohmelectronics.com

/Geographic Locaitons

/United States

/Boston

/Users <-- Users are here

/Computers

/Groups

/Brentwood

/Computers

/Groups

/San Diego

/Computers

/Groups

/Mexico

etc…

/Brazil

etc…

/Japan

Step 1 of 3:

Server Type: Active Directory

Host: SERVERx Port: 389

Base DN: cn=Geographic Locations, dc=rohmelectronics.com

Administrator DN: admin @ domain.com

Password: xxxxxx

** PASS **

Step 2 of 3:

Test Settings Fail

Status Error

No users were found using the specified configuration. Try changing the base DN, user filter or username field.

this is wrong: cn=Geographic Locations, dc=rohmelectronics.com

this is correct: ou=Geographic Locations, dc=rohmelectronics.com

Good point, I just changed and I continue to receive the same error.

No users were found using the specified configuration. Try changing the base DN, user filter or username field.

Any other thoughts or ideas on how to troubleshoot? Thank you very much for your quick feedback, had already read a few of your earlier posts to get me to this point! Thanks!!!

Here is a part of the OU structure that I clipped into a image for review…

Thanks

my bad I meant:

this is correct: ou=Geographic Locations, dc=rohmelectronics,dc=com

You were right on… that did the trick and “Setup Complete!”. Thanks alot for the quick solution. It would be nice if there was a bit more information in the documentation, cause this seems like a easy mistake to make and I’m sure lots of people are using MS AD. Thanks again!!!