powered by Jive Software

Help : about jive message

Hello, everyone, I am new here.

1. I’'ve install a jive message in my computer, it works well. I build a client for jive message, it work fine. But when I use the client in another computer, it cannot logon anyone, why?

2. And, I add a server connection to google.com, and add a new user in my group. After logon, I can see the status of hopeshared@gmail.com is “error”, why?

3. How may users can add me as a buddy and what is the max size of my buddy list?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome,

is it possible that your computer uses Windows XP and the build-in firewall? Or linux and the iptables firewall? This would explain why you can connect only locally. Are you using the IP address or did you set up a proper DNS name?

I think that a proper DNS name which is resolvable is also required to create s2s connection to google. There some threads about in the normal Wildfire forum. Or are you using Smack?

The buddy list is stored on the server, I’'m not aware of a size limit but maybe someone else knows if there is one.

LG

Thank you very much for the reply.

And I will search the forum for more info about DNS.

Another question: Can I do a user seach between two servers by the key of nickname? If I can, how to realize this function, I mean the way or step to realize, not the code

How to set "a proper DNS name "?

I can use ip 9.186.. to logon, but I cannot use hopeshared.com. Why? What shall I do to translate hopeshared.com to ip address?

I am using windows xp

[/nobr]Hi,

Can I do a user search between two servers by the key of nickname? If I can, how to realize this function, I mean the way or step to realize, not the code

==> This is as far as I know a client feature. The client selects another search service (like search.jabber.org instead of search.hopeshared.com) and searches.

I cannot use hopeshared.com. Why?

==> You must register a public DNS name if you want to ‘‘own’’ and use it. This will cost some bucks, but there are also free alternatives (http://www.dyndns.com/ as one example) which offers free subdomains like hopeshared.dyndns.com.

LG[nobr][/nobr]