HELP - no stats, no chat

Hello to all!

I’‘ve just installed a test server in our non-profit community network. The OS is win2k3, i’'ve downloaded and instaled latest Jive messenger (2.1.0.) and Java JRE 1.5 Update 1. The part of installation and server-side running went just fine with no problems. The problem is with clients:

Clients can not see each other. So, i created group ‘‘NEDWireless’’ and put all registered members into created group.Now clients see each other, but the status is Offline. When users select manually in Exodus |Presence - Available| each other see online status, but none of the messages pases to the other side. Server HTTP engine log reports this:

2005.01.23 18:33:45 [org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdat eHandler.java:126)

] Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.SessionManager.sessionAvailable(SessionManager.java: 356)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.SessionImpl.setPresence(SessionImpl.java:173)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdate Handler.java:95)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdate Handler.java:137)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.PresenceRouterImpl.handle(PresenceRouterImpl.jav a:77)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.PresenceRouterImpl.route(PresenceRouterImpl.java :50)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:88)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.readStream(SocketReadThread.jav a:198)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReadThread.run(SocketReadThread.java:109)

Also, when clients disconnect an connect again they receive messages from other users.

Please help me to get Your server runnin’’.

Thank You in advance!

Sinisa,

This is a known issue with the shared roster group feature. It will be fixed for the 2.1.1 release.

Regards,

Matt

Thank You for fast an useful reply.

Somehow I managed to get user receive message, but not send… I worked hard for few hours and I don’‘t know how, but I was messing up with java in Windows. Group’'s are still working. Without groups users cannot see each other

So, some users can send message, but not receive and vice-versa with others, they eveg get status ‘‘User is typing text’’. BUT: There is no duplex on chat

Is there any way to get the server in running state?

Thany You in advance!

The problem has been fixed. You can find a fix in tomorrow’'s nightly build.

FYI, the problem occurred when the entered username contained uppercase letters.

Thanks,

– Gato

Thank You in advance. We’'ll test beta revision server this evening.