Hi! Server to server problem

So, below the problem and my action’s:

• Logs file:

2008.04.27 00:06:43 org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSessi on(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258) Error trying to connect to remote server: ru(DNS lookup: ru:5269)

java.net.UnknownHostException: ru

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:184)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:205)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:185)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I make:

dig +short jabber.ru

hmm…ok

telnet jabber.ru 5269

Trying 213.180.203.19…

Connected to jabber.ru.

Escape character is ‘^]’

So, how to fix problem?

you mite like to add witch openfire server version and what os you are using would be help full in answering your question

Hi Bruce,

I used Openfire 3.4.4, built by Jive Software and the IgniteRealtime.org community and Debian OS.

So, anybody can help me with this problem? I’m in right place to ask about Openfire errors? Thank’s

There were some known issues with S2S and other Jabber servers. Later versions of openfire had some fixes for this issue. You may want to upgrade to the latest version of openfire to see if the issue continues.

The unknown host implies that the server cannot resolve the web address you have provided for it to connect to. Have you checked to see if you have the correct address for the server you are trying to contact.

So, ok. I install Open Fire 3.5.1

xmpp.domain = myjabberserver.ru

and get this error when I tried to add in my contact list:

org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSessi on(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:259) Error trying to connect to remote server: ru(DNS lookup: ru:5269)

java.net.UnknownHostException: ru

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:519)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:254)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:185)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:215)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:194)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 885)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Please, ANYBODY help me with that

So, I install DNS service and reboot. And it help. Thank’s

Setup DNS and reboot.