Hiding users

Hi all

I have an openfire with e-groupware in the same server (ldap, openfire, egroupware, proftpd).

A time ago, I just use the option “do not show this account in the contact center” inside egroupware, so the related user disappear from my list. Right, this is some useful because I have some clients that doesn’t to show in my openfire (some users are required just for ftp). Well, a time ago this option inside egroupware doesn’t hide users anymore.

My question is, where is this option inside ldap to hide users? I want to track this stuff.

Thanks.

Hi,

you may want to ask your LDAP vendor.

LG

No…

I want to know what the attribute openfire reads to set that. I believe its more than a simple ldap attribute.

Hi again.

Sorry for bump this post, but I really need to know this attribute (I have a client that depends that).

To the best of my knowledge openfire does not honor that setting. My hidden users show just fine if contained within my baseDN and filters. If you you know the attribute it sets in LDAP you can filter by it. But there is no default setting to turn on or off.

Thanks for the answer, Todd.

I have here a attribute called phpgwAccountVisible, used by e-groupware. A time ago, when I set this option, openfire are able to hide the users, but doesnt work anymore, I dont know why.

Do you know where I can “say” to openfire to hide users when I use this option?

you need to adjust the user filter to include that variable.

Thanks, I’ll see that and report if I get something sucessfull later.

Hi

Im looking to the configuration. Let me guess:

Profile Settings - Directory Server -> Step 2 of 3: User Mapping

So in user mapping, I’ll click in advanced settings and put on user filter…

The point is: I didn’t find a way to say “if someone have -1 on this attribute, don’t show”

this is a smaple filter for multiple variables (filter by group membership):

(&(objectClass=organizationalPerson)(memberOf=cn=WebISteam,ou=ChatGroups,ou=acco unts,dc=domain,dc=com))

do a google search for LDAP queries for more examples.